Dave

F/A-18 Series By The Hornet Team (BETA!)

This is looking great but each time I install this, my plane is invisible in both the hangar and the game. When I actually start the game, I only get a HUD and no plane, and the game cannot be unpaused :(

You have probably inadvertently deleted something.

I guess I did by merging the folders? I installed it like any other mod. I put it into my StrikeFighters2Vietnam mods directory and merged folders accordingly.

Then I tried it again in my StrikeFighters2Europe mod folder which has NO other mods in it. I still had the same error. I forgot to mention that all my missiles are there but the other Hornets, as well as mine are still invisible.

Edited by GalmOne

small bug... when I load an AGM-88 HARM i get a black pylon... something's missing... or am i missing an update?

No, you have come accross an old skin, that does not have the Harm adapters painted on.

ok, i'll have a look in my weapons folder then

maybe i forgot to paste something, thx

It's not something in the weapons folder, the HARM adapter is part of the aircraft skin itself: The area inside the red rectangle are the HARM adapter textures I use.

post-5735-0-29093800-1368804070_thumb.jpg

A lot of the skins in the original release were missing the texture. Open the skin in Gimp and plop some grey in there; it works.

Maybe you guys can help me, since this pack was released I couldnt fly those planes. I have a full merged up to date install and have no problems with the NA machines.

The game stops loading and aboart the loading procedure. Never saw them flying ingame.

Hmm that's mighty strange, although it's hard for me to help as I have pretty much custom version of the mod since working on it but I'll give my best so I need to ask a few questions:

1. Does it happen with all variants?

2. All skins?

3. Tried switching terrains? (99% of my game crashes are due to my terrain tweaking)

4. Perhaps certain mission profiles(CAP,CAS,Strike,Recon etc.) I remember I had some issues with that during beta time.

I have tried the B,C and D and all ended up with a abrupt loading screen. I have also some troublesome terrains, but the change doesnt made a difference in the result. I have tried Desert, Israel, Germany and many other, just to see how it works.

Is there something that needs definatly Win7 or to be run with the NA.exe? I can run all planes so far with the normal SF2.exe and use XP so far. I`m a bit out ideas in that case

Hmm there really should not be anything but then again I did always ran it on a fully merged install.

Perhaps the carrier parking entires?

It's in the data.ini under [MissionData] like this:

CarrierBased=TRUE

CarrierParkSpan=7.97

CarrierParkAnimationID=7

Try commenting them out as that is NA feature although it would be pretty weird if that was the case...

Good news, seems those files were the one my system doesnt want to load when you using SF2.exe on a XP system. The CarrierBased=TRUE works fine, the rest doesnt. The Bad thing is, the birds looks ugly under XP, the canopy is barely visible and the whole plane looks like a plastic kit. I think it`s time to upgrade to 7. ... unfortunatly

i re-downloaded everything (i.e. both zips) and noticed that the decals are missing from the spanish, canadian and kuwaiti horners... luckily i still had the older cf-18 decals, which i think are the same...

Good news, seems those files were the one my system doesnt want to load when you using SF2.exe on a XP system. The CarrierBased=TRUE works fine, the rest doesnt. The Bad thing is, the birds looks ugly under XP, the canopy is barely visible and the whole plane looks like a plastic kit. I think it`s time to upgrade to 7. ... unfortunatly

Yeah the plane has bump maps and specular maps which are probably not supported under DX9...

i re-downloaded everything (i.e. both zips) and noticed that the decals are missing from the spanish, canadian and kuwaiti horners... luckily i still had the older cf-18 decals, which i think are the same...

Yeah, most if not all can be adapted; I'm doing that myself.

Here's teh decals for the Kuwaiti jets, just drop in your Objects/Decals/FA-18C folder.

FA-18C.7z

No problem!

Well the first thing I checked was to compare the rudder section in the data.ini's between the CF-18 and the Blue Angel.........but they seem identical.

I will look further and will post if I find anything.

Hi Romflyer, do you find anything about rudder's problem ?

Hi Romflyer, do you find anything about rudder's problem ?

Check the link in my post above.