I installed some add ons to my WOV to the latest patch. The weapons (ammo) worked perfectly and mysteriously I cant shoot to other planes.

Any suggestion?

did you re-intialize the weaponsdata ini and gundata ini using the weapons editor and gun editor??? (meaning, add them in?)

are you wingmates, at mission start, giving you the radio message "i'm out of gun ammo'?

can you select the new weapons/guns with the 'next weapon' or 'next gun' button or keystroke? and do they fire or dorp?

in 1stGens, things don't just "drag and drop in", they MUST be added using (whichever) weapons or gun editor for that patch level, to generat new weaponsdata.dat and gundata.dat files

Edited by Wrench

I solved it!. :grin: I installed the 2006 weapons pack (I have the 2008 patch on my WOV) so I downloaded the Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08. I deleted the WEAPONDATA.dat, Then I opened the WEAPONDATA.ini and finally I save it.

Thanks anyway :good:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By A48Racing
      Hello friends!
      Today I am having a conundrum, I am trying to find a specific Hawker Hunter that has 3 hardpoints ala these images:

I know these are Omani hunter FR.10s but the mod thats on here for the FR.10 only has 2 hardpoints.
      I figure if someone could point me to one that has three, I could do some light skin swapping/INI editing and get the job done.
      Thanks!

• By A48Racing
      So I'm trying to do something stupid. I want to put the AIM-4A onto the F-51D. I was somehow able to get the AIM-9B onto it but can't get the AIM-4 onto it. I was wondering if someone could point me to what I'm missing to make this happen? Because if I can do this, then I want to swap weapons around with other planes for fun.
      P-51D_DATA.INI
      P-51D_LOADOUT.INI
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi guys, i have a very big issue regarding one of my favourite games of all time: Strike Fighters: Project 1.
      I play this beautiful old game on my PC and i run it pretty well at lowest settings and 1920x1080p (i had ALSO to change "default graphic card option" to  my high-performances NVIDIA graphic card, due to the fact that the game heavily lags if i run it with the default graphic card option, even if it's all set on lowest settings).
      After i figured out this little issue, the game runs pretty smoothly and at an high framerate so, what's the problem?
      The problem is that whenever i hit or shoot down a plane or i look at an explosion, the game freezes for a couple of seconds...
      So i don't know what to do and why this happens…   
      Is that because Strike Fighters: Project 1 is too old for a modern medium-high end PC? (I used to play it also on my previous low end Windows XP PC, and i never had any kind of problem)
      Should i play the game at lower resolutions even if all settings are already at lowest?
      Why had i to choose my high-performances NVIDIA graphic card to play the game without lag even if it's an old and well optimized game?
      Please help me, i know SF:P1 is a very old game and i should go for SF2, but the first one is one of my favourite games of all time and THIS PROBLEM MAKES THE GAME UNPLAYABLE!!!
      THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, cause this is a HUGE PROBLEM, i really have no idea of what to do and i'm very confused about what's happening... 
    • By VonBeerhofen
      With the added 5 gun calibres came the need to display their tracers differently and this is how they look now:

VonBeerhofen
    • By VonBeerhofen
      Since stock v1.2's gunvalues don't allow the gun's full ranges to be used and the weapon names don't work when values are in between two callibres the routine was rewritten. It will allow deviations from the standard hitpower without loosing the weapon names and adds the possibillity of a 50mm weapon or higher.
      The stock values are 2, 4, 12, 24, however any single byte value can be used, so the maximum hitpower value can be 255. That would probably be a callibre the size of a medieval canonball or so, which is obviously not very usefull but it can be set. I've choosen 36 for the 50mm, since the value is the same when the 20 and 30 mm hitpower values are added up which I think will be a reasonable representation of the weapon.
      Ofcourse the ME262's nosemounted .88 is also a feasable option and I should have it's value somewhere when we tested it with an RAF pilot and friend, may he rest in peace, who flew Meteors in the Korean war and who also described the weapon's devastation
      It principally means that there's more room to precisely modify the PLANES.DAT's weapon's values to more historical accurate hitpower of weapons, which by default aren't incorporated. Another advantage is that in combination with the plane's armour values planes can be better ballanced against each other in terms of matching the planes advantages/disadvantages vs the other planes.
      Ofcourse the routine was optimised to run much faster, :)
      VonBeerhofen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..