The immediate request is what font can i use in Word for USN Buno's, both the 4 digit that were on Phantoms and the whole serial num. im using Flogger23's trick to knock out my BuNo's and modex's while i still have my free trial of CS 6.

however i was looking this up in the threads and would like to ask for any other fonts you guys can think of. if there are enough useful reponses maybe this could go in the KB for future reference. TIA for your responses.

thanks for the assist Erik. still no name but actually downloaded a USN Stencil ttf that does the trick. time to play in excel.............

for ww2, and "modern" (1950-up) I just used amrillo usaf. they're so damn small, in most cases, you need to F/12 free view to get close enough to read them!

(one of these days, I'll make a small serial that reads "if you can read this, you're too damn close" or "geezz...you've got bad breath!" :biggrin:

Edited by Wrench

well does fit the bill for what i'm doing sorta. makin a new buno set for naval Phantoms as well as multiple modex sets (shadow! grey! red! yellow! Yahtzee!!) with semi historical accuraccy. that is i'm using serials where no one died, they lasted til the early to mid 80's and got converted to N or S so i can recycle the nums!!!!!!!