quack74

First Persuit Group N28's project

I can see a lot of USAS campaigns starting when these appear. I'm really a 1916-17 type of guy but I can't wait to start my next Nieu.28 campaign, once these are uploaded. I expect to get shot down a lot, tho, as I'll be spending far too long in the external view admiring my kite or taking screenies like the ones above.

• Like 1

I installed "Good morning Mr. Zip, Zip, Zip as my singlemissionscreen.wav in honor of these. Can't wait!

Geez! No pressure or anything! ..... Just kidding. Working on the README files as I type this. But I have a busy few work days comin up so it might not be till the weekend. I hope.

Sorry for the holdup guys. Been pretty busy with work. Haven't been able to finish up the README files. I'm including a bunch of other DATA.INI parameter inputs for the NATIONS.INI and FORMATIONS.INI. Also some things for the main Decals folder and main Aircraft folder. So it's a lot of typing. But it's just about done.

Just posted these to the download section. Should be ready for download shortly.

Edited by quack74

These are the two missing Tail.tga's if you are going to use the new USAS "Nation" I provided with this download. I just left them out by accident. I knew I was going to forget something! They are the rudder markings for all USAS planes. Remember to renumber them in correct order to match the numbers of the USAS and USAS_Old "Nations"

USAS Tail decals.zip

As I type this I am updating the N.28 package in the download section. The updated package now includes the two missing TAIL.tga's for use with the new USAS NATION.

Edited by quack74

Thank you quack74! Excellent work, as always. I'm looking forward to flying these. What's the story behind the poster on the wings?

Great - can't wait to see these in the First Eagles air, where they belong!

You guys are welcome. My pleasure and I love doing it ,when I have the time. If any of you could just let me know if it's working ok. There were a lot of files. I would like to know if they came out alright.

hi Quack!

Slight suspected problem with installation to report.

I decided to take the option (quoting from the main Readme) to 'bypass all the other files and just add the new skin folder and Decal folders'. So I didn't use the supplied NATIONS.ini file. Mainly because I have two such files, Nations.ini and Nations18.ini, which IIRC are needed for Armchair Aces (IIRC its to get the RNAS to show as a separate service/'nation' or something like that). I didn't want to risk messing this up, by replacing just one of my nations files, when I suspected I would need a replacement for NATIONS18.ini, as well (or instead, 1918 being when the USAS showed up).

The problem is that the 'bypass' option SEEMS to mean French planes use USAS roundels.

The first two screenies below are from an Armchair Aces September 1917 Verdun front campaign mission, well before the USAS appeared in action.

I temporarily renamed the N.28 insignia and tail tga's that were added to the Decals folder, to disable them. Then I flew another campaign mission. The second pair of screenies show the markings back to normal, in another campaign mission I flew immediately after disabling the USAS .tga's.

It may be that an extra modified nations.ini file is needed, for those of us using the extra, 1918 one. Possibly it's not too hard to work out for ourselves what the changes need to be, from the one supplied.

It may be that without the above, anyone using the 'bypass' option should NOT install the four .tga's that otherwise end up in the Decals folder (INSIGNIA001.tga, INSIGNIA002.tga, TAIL001.tga, and TAIL002.tga.

Re the N.28 itself, the pilot figure does not show up. Looking at the new Ndata.ini file, I see PilotModelName=narrowpltA.lod. I'm going to try putting the narrowpilot files into the Objects/Pilots folder, and see if that makes any difference.

img00674.JPG

img00663.JPG

img00687.JPG

img00686.JPG

Edited by 33LIMA

Update - putting the supplied pilot files into the Pilots folder worked a treat. She's a real beaut!

img00689.JPG

33LIMA did you cancel out the original two USAS nations in the NATIONS.ini? and did you add the new USAS NATIONS at the end of your NATIONS.INI and renumber them properly. What ever you renumber the new USAS and USAS_OLD Nations you have to number the 4 .TGA decals the same. You shouldn't have to do anything else and you shouldn't do anything with the Nation018.  

Hi Quack. No I didn't do anything to to Nations.ini file as I was following the proffered 'bypass' alternative and just installing the skins, for fear of messing up something. Happy with things as they are now; but good to know there's not a conflict with Nations18.ini.