Baltika

Strike Fighters Israel released for Android

i think TW is simply developing at their own pace. Will i Buy Exp3, Prolly, will I play it, Yup,, Will I B,W, and Moan over the bugs, definately. it's a tradition.

...and as a consumer, it's your right! :good:

And really folks, this isn't a zero sum game. One can have both on their hard drive. Along with the SF2 series, I have DCS World, BS2, and A-10C. Far as I can tell, my hard drive hasn't self destructed yet...

FC

FC you are right, but most of us just need a mix of both games in one,

better grafics = yes only minor upgrade and a terrain overhaul

avionics?! = yes but not as simple as SF series and not so hardcore as DCS (cause no "time" to learn, damn I would like but dont have it sadly)

Thats all .... with what I would be happy ;)

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I have both, i´ll stay with SF2

And really folks, this isn't a zero sum game. One can have both on their hard drive. Along with the SF2 series, I have DCS World, BS2, and A-10C. Far as I can tell, my hard drive hasn't self destructed yet...

FC

A heretic! BURN HIM!!! BUUUURRRRNNNN!!!!!!! Oh, sorry. There I go again.

For me it's all about the time I've already invested in tweaking my Thirdwire stuff + the time I don't have to do much else.. DCS looks amazing, but I chose my path a long time ago.

I might have chosen differently had I seen

first. (Glowing AMRAAM video, DCS A-10C)

i have DCS world and picked up the A-10 from the Steam sale. also looking to get into OFF just to have something different. but i'll stick with TW for one primary reason.......................

Phantoms. lots and lots of Phantoms.

FC

SF2 (All of them)

DCSW (Every Module + About 5-8 Betas)

Falcon4/BMS

And 3 or 4 other sims, I think Prepar3d is one of them, FSX Will not waste space on my HDD, it's on my old system, but i refuse to install it, then all the addons.

How do you like Prepar3d?

FC

If Prepar3d would support Track IR, I'd have dumped FSX already. Just cant "fly" without my TIR anymore. But Lock-Mart really did a number on the engine and it's very popular with many die hards.

-S

You know, something that I think would be a hoot and a half would be the old '2 people in the same aircraft' multiplayer. As far as I can tell, I don't think that's been done since F-15 Strike Eagle III. I'd imagine there would be a whole host of issues attempting to program it.

But damn, it was fun!

Nobody has seen something like that on the horizon for anything?

FC

The idea to position tk on the mobile market is hopefully a businnes plan to provide income for the pc market games.

I hate to say it especially being such a fan of the game and all it's given me... But I suspect TK's mobile market strategy is ultimately and "exit strategy:... :cry:

Michael Harrison did the same thing when he abandoned SDOE for the console market.

Edited by Zurawski

Zur,

It certainly is possible.

But, I think everyone is rocket-jumping to conclusions waaaay early. Just like everyone is creaming their shorts about DCS.

In both, the situation is the same...potential. TW could potentially leave the PC market. DCS could potentially be the combat flight sim platform diehards have been looking for (FSX moddability and realism applied to a modern air combat flight sim).

A lot of us have been around the block enough to have seen the wreckage of past efforts to know better. No matter if it's established developers (Janes, Spectrum Holobyte, Microsoft) or new developers that never got to market (Fighter Ops, Jet Thunder), no developer is immune to closing up due to all sorts of factors.

We have a saying at my company: "Until it has a purple tail and is sitting on our ramp, don't assume we'll get that aircraft."

When TW makes an announcement that they are ceasing PC development, then I'll believe it.

When I start seeing a sizable amount of releases (not renders, videos, or screenshots) of products for DCS that are significantly different than what is already for sale, then I'll get excited.

FC

• Like 2

Understood and agreed.

I've not bought into the DCS Kool-Aid just yet and still want to get the Hawg off my project list, so I'm not going anywhere soon...

That said, the recent FS community discourse and subsequent fall-out... TK's waning involvement / communication and the at present time cessation of PC related DLC, one can't help but feel the icy grip of the Ferryman pulling SF into his boat for one last cruise before being decommissioned.

Admittedly... I've been side-tracked by Mechwarrior: Online for months now, so I'm not feeling it as intimately as some members I've been PM'ing with.

You know, something that I think would be a hoot and a half would be the old '2 people in the same aircraft' multiplayer. As far as I can tell, I don't think that's been done since F-15 Strike Eagle III. I'd imagine there would be a whole host of issues attempting to program it.

But damn, it was fun!

FC

Sure, for WWI (ROF) and WWII (Il-2 through CloD)! Oh, and EECH and Arma 2 for modern helos. I think there are 2 seat fast jet mods for Arma 2 but I don't know which offhand.

While it's true the last fast jet sim that had it was F15SE3, and honestly I'm hard pressed to remember one BEFORE that, think how many fast jet sims came out in this century? LOMAC, which had the same MP options as DCS World today, so that's not different, but had only single seaters.

Jane's F/A-18E...modeled a single seater.

Falcon 4 and Flanker 2 came out in late 90s, but it was still all single seaters. F4 was supposed to get an F-15E expansion, but no idea if they were planning on FS/BS coop over F4's.

TK's SF1 series, which had 2 seaters but only allowed 1 per plane, then gone altogether in SF2.

Other than non-combat like X Plane and MSFS, what other fast jet sims have come out in the last dozen years? I'm drawing a blank...

Okay, that would explain why I hadn't heard of any multiplayer/single aircraft sims...most of those genres I'm not interested in (except for EECH...I think I remember that option now).

FC

FSX Multiplayer allows it. I've been two-player in an EA-6B over the NTR and nearly got my co-pilot airsick with all the low-level yanking and banking.

The one good thing to come from FSX was aircraft sharing. Awesome for those complex start-ups.

-S

But damn, it was fun!

FC

That was Mi-24 Hind for Win 95 that time. LAN coop pilot+gunner. AND best heli simulator ever since.

...AND best heli simulator ever since...

In your opinion.

FC

I never heard about this one... never seen(( My guess... a modded one?

For me old Hind was best because of overall play experience not just realism (DCS KA50) or graphics. I grew up on C64 Apache, Elite and Pirates, I don't give a damn about graphics ))))))

I never heard about this one... never seen(( My guess... a modded one?

For me old Hind was best because of overall play experience not just realism (DCS KA50) or graphics. I grew up on C64 Apache, Elite and Pirates, I don't give a damn about graphics ))))))

It's Enemy Engaged: Comanche Hokum with community patch, I belive. Sweet.

... I grew up on C64 Apache, Elite and Pirates, I don't give a damn about graphics ))))))

Pirates! Now that was a proper computer game. I new my Caribbean geography better than any other 8 yr old on the block. Have you checked out Mount and Blade? Reminds me of Pirates! because it's open and roaming, do what you want...

Sorry for dragging us off topic.

Pirates! Now that was a proper computer game. I new my Caribbean geography better than any other 8 yr old on the block. Have you checked out Mount and Blade? Reminds me of Pirates! because it's open and roaming, do what you want...

Sorry for dragging us off topic.

Sure, Mount & Blade is the best of such games. Especially beause of high level modding. I was playing it with 1866 wildwest mod and Rus 13 Vek (13th century) with polish and rus. Damn I hated crusaders LOL )))))