Dave

Upgrades and Such to CombatACE

I checked on tickets and there weren't any available for today Michael. I'm definitely good for a couple hours of work before and after lunch.

********************** SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ********************************

I have scheduled some changes to be done to our private network. They will take about 15 minutes to complete and right now we are in the que for 14:30 PST which is in about an hour. We'll be knocked off during the changes because they phsically need to remove our network card and replace it to handle the GBit backbone.

See you in a couple hours.

E

Officially I'm done.

Just so you know. We've been experiencing some random downtime which has nothing to do with us. I've been reassured that the last instance was the last we should experience and everything is or has been repaired. Our downtime has been associated to a faulty CAT6 cable. I will continue to monitor this closely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

top - 12:38:56 up 3 days, 19:44,  1 user,  load average: 1.79, 1.61, 1.09
Tasks: 232 total,   2 running, 230 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  6.0%us,  0.7%sy,  0.0%ni, 92.6%id,  0.4%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st
Mem:  10233432k total, 10108744k used,   124688k free,   510488k buffers
Swap:  2104504k total,	 8372k used,  2096132k free,  6181368k cached

LOL, "sorry but your expensive server is out because of a crappy $5 cable, we have a newer $5 cable on order!"

It's difficult for me to contain myself but that is exactly almost correct. We're sorry your expensive machines are offline. We have narrowed it down to a fitting (.40 cents) but we'll have it fixed shortly.