Dave

Upgrades and Such to CombatACE

Call me slow, stupid, or whatever, but I finally got around to renewing after the last subscription recently (past month or two?) expired. I took the 2 year option.

I've got to take one of the machines down one more time. We will be offline for a short period. Thanks for understanding.

More Wood For The Fire-Looks Like PayPal Got It Right This Time.Thanks Everybody!

I think I've got everything site related back up and running 100%. Please let me know if you encounter any problems. I may have to reboot the machine one more time to change some settings on our private network adaptors but it will be quick. i'll use that time to also test our reboot and back to life settings. Thanks for bearing with me

Is that going to be an Engineers reboot then Erik ?? Give the box a quick kick!!! :biggrin:

I've heard it called a lot of things. Three finger salute <CTRL+ALT+DEL>, bounce the connection, etc etc. But yep it's a reboot as we all know it.

Thank you Erik... you do a marvellous and unsung job (I should know I work in IT) so from me at least many thanks... and I will raise a glass to it all being successful.

+1. I've renewed for another year.

I've got to take one of the machines down one more time. We will be offline for a short period. Thanks for understanding.

I get funny looks in my office as I keep a 12 pound hammer in there just in case...

Thank you fellas for the contributions and thank you Erik for all the work you have done for this move.

I'm running on my last ounce of energy here and I have one more thing we need to reboot for. This will be minimal downtime but none the less it needs to happen. After that we are reborn again with both feet planted firmly on the ground. I made some changes to the accounts last night which will relate to over all storage of data per each user. Based on our membership and storage capacities this was something I wanted reviewed and now it's done. Please feel free to jump in and let me know if you see anything that could need improvement or needs to be added.

Time for a well deserved nap or two or three.

E

thank you Boss! I'll subscribe when I'll have means to do so

That's it we're all done. Have fun and enjoy the new digs. Besides everything else I'm sure you're going to notice a nice improvement in speed and responsiveness. Nap time.

Thanks for your hard work Erik :)

Not a big thing, but I am having some problems using the search function in the download section. It does not appear to be returning results for entries that should match.

Edited by Zola25

Not a big thing, but I am having some problems using the search function in the download section. It does not appear to be returning results for entries that should match.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Ok sure. Can you tell me more about the problem like what you are trying to search and what you're expecting to see?

Ok sure. Can you tell me more about the problem like what you are trying to search and what you're expecting to see?

Sure. I was looking for Spanish Hornet Skins, searching for "Spanish" returned no results, but by browsing manually I could see many files that should match this pattern. However, I've just tried this again a few moments ago and it seems to be working fine now :good:

Got paid and picked up a membership as well. Thanks for all your hard work Erik!

Sure. I was looking for Spanish Hornet Skins, searching for "Spanish" returned no results, but by browsing manually I could see many files that should match this pattern. However, I've just tried this again a few moments ago and it seems to be working fine now :good:

Well really thank you. Had you not said anything I wouldn't have known that searchd wasn't configured to start automatically. I had to start the daemon, reload it's descriptors, and then set it's runtime at startup to on. Something I finished before you got back to check it again.

E

Thanks for all your hard work Erik!

My pleasure and thank you. As much as I piss and moan about all the work when it comes to moving and upgrades it has a purpose. In our old configuration our RAID10 array was composed of 4 drives, equal size all working as one with two mirrored (RAID1) and two striping (RAID0) for replication and speed respectively. Post carnage reports from the data center guys as they disassembled our old machine reported that one of the drives in the RAID1 mirroring set was crashed. It must have just happened because I usually run a transaction report on the raid controller to see the raid health at the beginning of each month. The last time I saw that report, beginning of January, everything was fine. So we're on new drives now anyway, all is fine, and I never had to worry about a degraded drive that I never knew existed. Sweet!

Take care and thanks again.

Just wanted to say that I would contribute of I was working but of it helps as of 2011 I haven't been downloading at all. My point being that atleast this way if I can't help in any financial manner then what I can do is not do max downloads or any downloads if i cant help a site tha ive come enjoy very much sonce 2004. When I do start working again I will be subscribe to this site you can count on it. I hope you understand erik. Best of luck.

Edited by Atreides

Just wanted to say that I would contribute of I was working but of it helps as of 2011 I haven't been downloading at all. My point being that atleast this way if I can't help in any financial manner then what I can do is not do max downloads or any downloads if i cant help a site tha ive come enjoy very much sonce 2004. When I do start working again I will be subscribe to this site you can count on it. I hope you understand erik. Best of luck.

You shouldn't let your personal situation stop you from downloading files from here. In fact with things the way they are now is when you need the distraction the most. Download whatever you need and have fun.

Well really thank you. Had you not said anything I wouldn't have known that searchd wasn't configured to start automatically. I had to start the daemon, reload it's descriptors, and then set it's runtime at startup to on. Something I finished before you got back to check it again.

E

No problem at all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm an IT Professional IRL and have done a few platform migrations in my time, there's always more to learn from each one! The site definitely feels a little more "snappy" in use now too.

Erik you want to come and give me a hand in my office in Vienna today... Lunacy has taken hold... Thanks again for the upgrades and the work you do.