Sign in to follow this  
Heck

Why does the $&%$#^&*^$# sim keep adding objects outside the date range back?

I have a WW2 Europe mods folder, which uses an expansion pack 2 exe. The only terrain in the mods folder is Battle of Britain, which has allowed dates set between 1938-1945 and limited nations. In the Single mission portion of the Options.ini the start and end dates are 1938 and 1945. Everything was working perfectly, until I chose to create a jpeg skin for my Bf-109e3, rather than a bitmap. This was the only change I made to the mod folder. No other changes were made. As soon as I ran the sim to look at this skin, I found the sim had added back all the modern aircraft and ground objects, which I had removed when I set the mod up. Now, each time I remove them and restart the sim, they all reappear, is if by TK #^*%$#$&&$ magic! Can someone explain to me what I'm missing? I don't want to leaf through 500 F-4 Phantoms to find the Hurricane 1 I want to fly.

delete them phabulous Phantoms again..? Had the same issue once, can't explain why... TK's $%#^@$ voodoo would be my bet

and it ONLY dose it when you have jpg skins??? tha'ts frakking weird!!

try this...

as usual, let the game rebuilt all the modern crap. Then, instead of deleting ALL the aircraft, leave one 'modern' player flyable, and one AI contorled.

I did this in my WW2 mods folders, leving 1 A-4E and 1 MiG-17. So far, they haven't rebuilt themsleves (knocks wood)

then, see if the jpg skin triggers it again

ALso, try using the standard SF2E exe. As all the files automatically merge upon game installastion, EVERyTHING is available in ALL Mods folders, regardless of exe used

Edited by Wrench

Thanks, Guys. I'll give your suggestions a try, Wrench. I love the fact that you can mod this sim, but some of the things TK wants it to do "automatically" make you shake your head.

What is your mods folder name?

WW2Europe

Heck I have a WW2 PTO Mod folder with one modern ac of both sides and it works fine.

May have gotten it fixed, thanks to your suggestions. Thank you. The folks here are the best.