Dusty Rhodes

Development of 1.2.3 News From Matt

1.2.3 Update

Over the weekend we had a good test with over 20 test members online. However, with the number of players online, issues did come to light that the programming team in Moscow will do their best to address this week. W hile it is certainly NOT A PROMISE, WE WILL DO OUR VERY BEST to release of 1.2.3 by the end of the week.

Just FYI.

The UH-1 and MiG-21 should be out in the not-too-distant future. I'm not holding my breath on the Hornet. Of course, 1.2.3 will be out long before any of that.

The Huey just jumped over its legal hurdles, and Belsimtek is making the installer.

Dont expect to see Huey until 1.2.4, since that's the Dev version of the Engine they are using to code it.

1.2.3 Update

We share the frustration of another Monday without 1.2.3 being ready, but in the course of working on 1.2.3, what we term a "blocking" bug was introduced into the game. Specifically, helicopters unable to ramp start. This would break a significant number of missions / campaigns. We will now fix the issue, create a new installer, test the installer, and then release 1.2.3. We sincerely hope this will go quickly. No one wants to get 1.2.3 out the door more than us!

I wonder if at this point they'll consider integrating the UH-1 into the 1.2.3 build. I know it breaks a golden rule of development regarding scope creep, but at this point being 2 months behind schedule it might be considered an acceptable risk to add the LOD and AFM to the build, rather than having to rebaseline 1.2.4 to start collecting income from the UH-1 module.

Of course, this depends on how much integration is required. I would guess that the modular nature of the code would make it a simple integration (with the mission editor being the most difficult to code and test), but I could very likely be wrong.

For those that missed the excitement, there was a "leak" of a WIP DCS: Huey official announcement page, which had a product introduciton and a few screenshots. However the page was not yet intended to go public and was "uncovered" by one of the forum members.

As we've said before, ED is currently finalizing version 1.2.3 update for DCS and the Huey is not going to be included in this release. The current plan is to move on to 1.2.4 quickly and package the Huey for that update.

We are still recording voiceovers for the third party campaign to be included with DCS: Huey. Hopefully that will be completed in time to be included with the release.

Oh well. So much for that idea.

The autoupdater is not yet carrying it as of this post.