Hi all,

As a noob to the world of flight sims I had a quick question. I understand that the WOV strike fighters 1 falls somewhere between sim and game but I am having problems reading the fuel gauges. I have the air and ground war expansions installed and the new aircraft are great but the dials seem small and some do not move. Is there a way to display the fuel information on screen like the speed and throttle readings etc? I can even display the framerates by hitting alt and d. If I could find a legible way of reading my fuel levels it would be great. Thanks in advance!

Whats your game play settings on? As for the gauges themselves its all about you learning the cockpits after all it Is a lite Sim.

I am on normal settings. It would be nice to know exactly what fuel I have maybe track ir would help I could zoom into the dials real close?

I am on normal settings. It would be nice to know exactly what fuel I have maybe track ir would help I could zoom into the dials real close?

Fuel usage normal, I believe you don't start burning gas until you hit the waypoint at the target area, or you burn half as much, or somthing like that. Anyways I don't use it I have mine set to hard. As for the guages on the plane take the plane out in single mission and sit on the runway and study the guages. Wings over Legacy and SF2 series are a lite sim its about getting in and having fun. You want to worry bout serious stuff get lock on or the latest Falcon 4. series

You don't need Track IR to zoom in on the instrument panel. I think the default zoom controls are the mouse buttons. [mine are set to the number pad plus/minus buttons.]

K great thanks lads. I was in the Huey gunship and could not see the fuel gauge moving at all, then I ran out of fuel after repeated attack runs on vc infantry. Maybe the fuel gauges don't work on some of the cockpit models? I will try the zoom advice and study more closely tomorrow.

Edited by ScottyB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I just noticed that the speed indicator in the F-14 Tomcat by TMF (TheMirageFactory) only shows up to 800 kts, and the Mach indicator does not move, not letting you know the speed of the aircraft if you have your HUD turned off.
      As you can see down here, i'm at Mach 2.23, but the indicator only shows 800 kts and doesn't go above. Obviously it adapts to my altitude, so if i'm higher, then the IAS is lower, but still should move, making it impossible flying at high speed without HUD turned on as i have it down here:

Another issue, maybe even worse than the previous one, is that the fuel indicator shows wrong numbers, or as i may think, it shows "a number less". For example: if i have 20000 pounds of fuel left, it should show 20000, but it shows 02000. This is a theory on how it works, not confirmed, and i'm gonna explain you why i think it is like that:
      I hardly think i truly have 2000 pounds of fuel left, cause i choose Fuel 100% and tried climbing and flying for a long time with full afterburner, and the numbers slowly started going down, even reached the point of burning the engine at Mach 2.30and the fuel wasn't gone yet, it showed i had like 00700 left, so i presume it's 20000 in reality, otherwise i would have been out of fuel in no time, since it's a quantity even under the bingo quantity, but i flew for minutes and minutes in full afterburner, and at 8x speed, so. Speaking of Bingo, there's no bingo indicator.
      Here's a picture of the fuel indicator:

I tried the default F-14 cockpit, and even if that one shows correctly both speed and fuel indicators and even if it's a great cockpit, i personally like more and find more realistic and immersive the TMF one.
      In the end, since these two indicators are crucial, especially for flying without HUD, and the fuel indicator especially, since there's no way to know how much fuel you have left even with HUD turned on other than the cockpit indicator.
      So, what i'm asking is:
      Is there a way to fix these? A mod that remakes the indicators? Or another cockpit that is not the default one that i can use to swap this one?
      Thanks in advance for helping me.
    • By CopperminE
      Hello, I'm facing a problem. A number of aircraft from modders have a bug with a lack of fuel consumption from the internal tanks. So these are planes with unlimited fuel. I noticed that this is a problem mainly with flight models, which are conversions from SFP1.
      Does anyone know how to fix this?
      Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wandering: can you air refuel in SF2?
      I've seen some pics of it and some days ago i accidentaly pressed a combo of buttons that made me open my refuelling hole in the F-16.
      I've also played some missions where you can find some fighters gathering around a tanker...
      So, can you?
      And if yes, what do i have to do to have the air refuelling section inside a mission? is the tanker random?
      And lastly, what do i have to press to open refuelling hole/extend refuelling probe inside my plane?
      Thank you a lot for answering and heloping me guys 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..