I have a question: Why some planes can't run on some terrain?

For example I downloaded an Avro Vulcan, why it can't run on some terrain types?

It only runs on the desert default terrain.

Need some help.

If it works in one terrain then one reason could be it needs a large size airbase

Can you not get it to run in a single mission?

Mostly it is caused by the used runways. For the Vulcan and some other types you need very long runways. This are the runway4.

The other reason can be, that only limited nations are available for a terrain. for instance in my Persian Gulf terrain you cant fly the Vulcan, because the RAF is not listed as friendly or enemy nation in the nations.ini file.

Can you not get it to run in a single mission?

Nope I can't use the Vulcan on single mission. When I select it the game crashes.

Mostly it is caused by the used runways. For the Vulcan and some other types you need very long runways. This are the runway4.

What file I need to modify for flying the Vulcan? (I am using Falkands 1982 terrain.

Change the base size in the aircraft DATA under the Min Base Size. Thats where I would start.

Edited by MAKO69

won't work on the Falklands... ever ... there is NO place for to 'live in'.

SF/Wo* dosen't support "off map basing" like SF2/NA does. So, there you have it

I've got the A-Team's VulcanBX and that runs fine on my sfp1 terrains ( Germany and Black Sea being two of them) and in my stand-alone Falklands mod. All on 06 patch.

Change the base size in the aircraft DATA under the Min Base Size. Thats where I would start.

Thank you, I also changed the service year start and end it worked pretty good.

VulcanStrike_zps2d7d449f.jpg