Hi Guys,

I was away from the SF2 series for just over a year. Recently built a new system to take it up again. Specs as follows...

i5 3570k @4.8

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

Msi GTX 660

I'm afraid to say I've ran into the dreaded intermittent stutter again. Its there if settings are high or low which leads me to believe I have a graphics driver on the particular card conflicting with the game engine in some way. I had this once before years ago and swapping the card solved the problem.

Could a few of you post up if your running similar spec cards, what they are and what drivers your running?

Cheers

I have all titles merged, and all are effected. I've tried it with the last five patch versions too. Its been a few evenings of un-installing and re-installing! Other non SF2 games are working fine. Even FE2 is ok! I've also tried every driver version for my GTX 660

I found that it took a SSD to stop the constant micro-stutters on my current SF2 series.  My old SF2 (Jan11) and FE2 never had any micro-stutters, only the current SF2 had them until I switched my C drive from a HHD to a SSD.

I found that it took a SSD to stop the constant micro-stutters on my current SF2 series.  My old SF2 (Jan11) and FE2 never had any micro-stutters, only the current SF2 had them until I switched my C drive from a HHD to a SSD.

Interesting solution! My future PC should integrate SDD technologie.

Best regards

Coupi.

That's interesting, my old system had a 64gb ssd with the OS on it. The rest was on regular HDD. Thanks for that info Panama.

- Intel i5-2310 QuadCore 3.1GHz CPU

- Asus P8H61-M 1155 FC-LGA Socket motherboard w/Intel Sandy Bridge-

DT IMC / Cougar Point H61 Chipset

- 16GB DDR3-1600 PC3 800MHz RAM (2x8GB)

- 2GB EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 PCI-E Video Card

- 1TB Western Digital SATA-III 7200RPM Hard Drive

- 2TB Western Digital SATA-III 7200RPM Hard Drive

- Gigabit Onboard Network Adapter

- Corsair GS600 Power Supply

- MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Until recently I had A EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 video card. I ran it for a year-and-a-half. Overheated a lot, stuttered, generally acted up frequently. Changed to the new card, using latest Nvidia drivers, and have a smooth running system with all SF2 5+2 games merged and running the exe files off the secondary drive.

Edited by GearyMcS

I knot it's a stretch and probably won't solve your issues, but try Use32BitZBuffer=FALSE in options.ini.