PFunk

How Do You Make a Campaign With No Ground War?

I want just an air war, kind of like the Vietnam campaigns.

In the campaignX_data.ini just make sure there's ground units would be my guess. I would assume it will still generate air defenses though.

Just remove any ground objects etc in the campaigndata.ini is what I always done.

yah, but don't you still want armed recon truck killing and anti-shipping missions? Plotting routes for those is pretty easy

yah, but don't you still want armed recon truck killing and anti-shipping missions? Plotting routes for those is pretty easy

Yeah, still want those.  Those routes are already in my terrain.

:biggrin:

Here is a corollary question (apologies for a hijack): Is there any way to represent an insurgency? The only way I can think of is to have enemy ground units go active for like a week at a time and then "retire." But I don't know if friendly ground units will move to attack unoccupied nodes or if they will stop at the border. I'd really like to have CAS missions in the Vietnam campaigns without major invasions.

Who did the ground war coding for Operation Darius? I know that the Operation Marathon campaign has something similar with just a few minor border skirmishes here and there.