usafphantom2

Does All FE stuff work in FE2?

Hi, We don't have the downloads separated like SF1&SF2 so I was wondering is there anything in the downloads not compatable with FE2? I know some SF1 stuff will work with SF2 Do we still have to modify the terrains to work with FE2? Thanks for your input. Oh by the way I'm using the SF2 cat extractor for FE2 It seems to work,Is there something else I should be using?

Edited by usafphantom2

Its the same as for Strike fighters - If you put in an old mod with old ini files that have been radically changed in FE2, then,  the game will use the older versions, and you may encounter problems.

The only way round this is to compare the old ini with the new one (extracted from the cats) and see if anything vital is missing.

FE2 was last updated in 2010? - so it has missed all the lock outs that SF received - therefore the old CAT extractor probably works fine

Edited by MigBuster

FE1 is based on SF1.  FE2 is based on SF2.

When you under stand this, you now know to read the SF1 and SF2 Knowledge Base files and understand how FE1 and FE2 operate and they are modded, i.e. what ever is required to upgrade a SF1 item to SF2 is the same as what is required to upgrade a FE1 item to FE2.

Thanks guys! Panama Red, Yeah that's the question I wanted answered was it the same.Thanks!,Migbuster,Whiteknight06604 Thanks! :biggrin:  :biggrin: