CrazyhorseB34

Forger cockpit data for Snailman's Forger Mod

For me this cockpit freezes whatever I do.

I have version July2012 but I don't think it is the problem.

Even my earlier INI's are bigger than this one, so I wonder what is missing...

I suppose the engines? because everything else is irrelevant I think

Ah yes... thanks for the hint. it is the missing EngineID=2 from the second nozzle. I gave both engineID=1 because it is the same engine in reality...

Edited by Snailman

Yes! Numbering the engines 1,1,2,3 is what did it. That change is reflected in the data I uploaded.  Notice I added an airbrake also so you can slow it down enough to land it. Good work dude!

Ok. Two things: First I found a mispelling on Yak-38 cockpit INI.

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=Yak_38_cockpit
OpenCockpit=FALSE
Offset=0.0,-0.3,0.0
Position=Position=0.0,4.4,0.6 <----

change to

Position=0.0,4.4,0.6

It works on any other plane normally.

Second, I´ve been looking for the Snailman´s Yak everywhere in vain. Any links or hint?

Yes! Numbering the engines 1,1,2,3 is what did it. That change is reflected in the data I uploaded.  Notice I added an airbrake also so you can slow it down enough to land it. Good work dude!

In Vertical 1.0 I use 6 engines. At first I had 8, but i had to remove the 'fuel burners' due to erratic engine sound(((

Airbrakes? nyahhh, that's a cheat, man)))))))  :P

I will modify the 38M avionics tonight so it will also use the new cockpit, too. Anyways I release 1.0 this week. Little skinning and texturing left...

http://combatace.com/files/file/13679-yak-38-vertical-pack-098-beta/

the old one, though. Im not ready with 1.0... lazy ass

Not so much a cheat because the lift fan cover acts as an airbrake when the lift fans are engaged. With out that being simulated it is damn near impossible to slow it down to make a vert landing. Suit yourself,but I just sat it down center mass of the number four circle as gently as laying a baby in the crib with the Kiev going 20 knots using the air brake.

post-38143-0-15366300-1384881411_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok)) I was kidding))  Well the air intake plate could be used as air brake at low speeds (in game terms, when we dont need it anyway). In real it would break off at high speeds as it is a weak structure with a main purpose only to direct airflow into the vertical lift engine turbines. Of course it is hard to fly without the hover autopilot and stabilizer... In the Yak-41 this plate was set up as an airbrake also, and I left it that way, to provide an easy control. You will like it more, Im sure)

It is not that difficult to slow down the plane, and once slowed down (gears flaps down + vertical thrust) it can easily maintain 120-160kmh which is fairly enough to reach the carrier. Target it as friendly and can watch the range. (the air control would tell it in real life). Keep the pitch straight, change altitude with thrust only. at about 1000m you may slow down to 70-90 by raising the nose a little bit. Fly it like a chopper, not a plane. roll for sideslip. You can even go on the reverse.

Land on a Kirov for challenge))

• Like 1

Wow!! I can see Kamov helicopters on board that Kiev. Are they available to download anywhere?

And I also see a camo skin for the Yak-38. Is it also available?