Sign in to follow this  
R102Delphinus

Having an annoying problem...

Hi guys I have installed the JUL2013 patch and ever since Strike fighters 2 keeps getting the old vannila aircrafts back....for example I can't fly the MiG-21s or MiG-17s (and all eastern fighters or any non flyable aircraft in game of course) because the game keeps getting the original ini files back ... the ini files without the interies of cockpitdata.ini and avionicsdata.ini. I tried reinstalling the mods and the game keeps replacing the moded ini with the game's original ini files help please

Edited by il2crazyfan

I personally haven't figured out how to get the game to stop deleting modified .ini's of stock aircraft - seems to happen at random.  However, I found a workaround is to make a separate folder with your modified aircraft/data/avionics.ini's so that if the game reverts or deletes the ones in your mod folder, all you have to do is drop your modified ones back into the folders in question (usually happens to my MiG-17's and ThirdWire F-8's).  This might not be the ideal solution, but at least you have a fairly quick fix, rather than having to re-extract or re-modify extracted files over and over.

O snap :\ This thing did not happen to me when I was using the MAY 2012 patch BTW does this "bug" occur in MAY 2013 patch ? because I am planning to reinstall :\

Same problem. Write-Protect the aircraft .ini file and its solved.

O snap :\ This thing did not happen to me when I was using the MAY 2012 patch BTW does this "bug" occur in MAY 2013 patch ? because I am planning to reinstall :\

It's been occurring well before the May 2012 patch.

It's been occurring well before the May 2012 patch.

yah, like since sf2 first came out and we started making the AIs flyable.

the only problem with 'read only' main inis, is you'll have to manually add any new skins. My (patent pending) "One Click Restore Ini Trick", while requiring 2 or 3 more steps, works just a well and allows for skins to be added the normal way

This is what I do.......

For every stock aircraft I have made flyable I make a folder called "Patch Backup." In that folder I put the main ini file for that aircraft with the proper cockpit, avionics, etc. entries to make it flyable in it. Plus whatever other file like loadout data or whatever. If for some reason it becomes unflyable, I check the main ini file. If it has been overwritten I replace it with the one from the folder.

If I patch or get a DLC, I take the whole aircraft folder out and save it somewhere else. Run the game then swap out the new un modded aircraft folder for my modded one. The patch readme tells you what is changed and usually it does mess with much stuff from the aircraft folder. if it does I just cross ref update the data and then I am good to go.

They'd be in your install's flight folder (not the flight folder in your mod folder).

e.g.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic\Flight