Someone can tell me where can I find an Italian AAA defense system?Thank you!

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

It all depends on the timeframe. Modern ones like the SIDAM, none. But till recent time the italian army had the classic M-55 (quad 50s) and the Bofors L60 40mm autocannon.

The Italian Army, uses the SIDAM 25 mobile gun system along with the FIM-92 Stinger, MIM-23 Hawk, Aster 30 SAMP/TSpada 2000 SAM systems.

The HAWK and Stinger are available in the SF2 SAMs Pack. I don't think there is a SIDAM 25 in any pack but there are a number of other gun vehicles that you could use as a stand-in, in these packs, SF2 AAA Pack (Redux)Marder Roland and Gepard for SF2EJGSDF Vehicle Pack 1 1.0, Republic of Korea Army Vehicle Pack 1.0. I think we may have the missiles for the Aster 30 and Spada, I know there is an Aspide in the MGunny's Ordnance Shop II for SF2 pack, but I do not know if anyone has built any ground launchers for them as they are also naval SAM's. If not then you might try and use the Patriot launcher with a modified data INI file to launch the missiles.  

Triple A (AAA) stands for Anti Aircraft Artillery. Missile system are another thing ;-)
During the post WWII period we had many other AAA like the 90mm guns of italian and american construction, some 88mm german ones, 75mm, 20mm and 37mm . Basically what was left from the conflict. They were used till the advent of mobile missile batteries like the HAWK.
The SIDAM 25 is roughly comparable in performance to the ZSU-23-4 but the radar is mounted not on the same vehicle.

Triple A (AAA) stands for Anti Aircraft Artillery. Missile system are another thing ;-)

Yes, I know that AAA is "Anti Aircraft Artillery".good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif  Actually in looking up Italian Army equipment I found a listing of all of their present AA systems so I thought I would list off all of them for completeness sake.