Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Laying "Road" tiles with the TFD tool

:biggrin: .......... :mellow: .......... :blink: ............ :shok: ................ :shout: ................... :stars:

Hats off to anyone who ever made a terrain from scratch!

It is worth it in the end though....right?......Is there an end?

• Like 2

yes, the satisfaction if nearly orgasmic...

and no;

it never ends ... the tiles go on and on and on and on......

:biggrin:

(did you use my trick of painting the road sections, so as to obtain perfect alignments???

What I have been doing to line up tiles is, since the FE tiles are 512x512, I create a new clear .tga that is 1024x1024. This way I can fit 4 different tiles in one .tga. I can rotate them any way I want to line up roads, rivers and terrain colors. Works really well and it's quick. I nice trick to thin out some trees too is to open the Terrains' Data.ini and find any texture and cancel out the AlphaObject parameter ( // ). The buildings stay but bye bye to all the trees. Makes for a more realistic farm country.

I can tell you rivers and the corresponding heigh-map (fixing as no river flows uphill) is even worse

I can tell you rivers and the corresponding heigh-map (fixing as no river flows uphill) is even worse

I'm sure it is. I'm glad I don't have to mess with the river tile positions at all.

good thing you're not working on WW2 China... you know how many frakking rivers there are in China!!!????crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gif   :blink:

you can see what I mentioned (I think in another thread here), about 'painted' edges for the tiles. Everything comes out perfectly aligned

Canton region, pearl river estuary. grass fields, paddies, airfields etc

The road connection works also with TE without problems.

Wrench - I really like your idea of color coding the tiles. It makes terrain modding much easier.

:biggrin:

thanks! it's actually one of my BETTER ideas. Just like in cartoons, it came to me like a bolt from the blue (light bulb included!!)