Sign in to follow this  
wiki

Something strange in HUD display

Hello guys,
How do i fix this strange thing HUD? it's annoying and appeared everytime i begin flying every aircraft, but if i move my plane to the right or left this thing gone (but not really gone)
is there something wrong with my effects file or my *.INI file?
any suggestion or maybe someone can send me the correct file?
Thanks

post-68753-0-52468700-1386603377_thumb.jpgpost-68753-0-30406300-1386603470_thumb.jpg

Edited by wiki

lack of texture memory?

(btw, next time try posting full rez images. those are REALLY too small to see what's happening)

@wrench
just edit image, please take a look..what's wrong with my HUD config? could it be from effects file?

Edited by wiki

thanks for resizing! when you have eyes like mine...

I agree with Antares, it looks like a defective tga. 

What aircraft is it, what cockpit does it use?

I guess the next step is to look at each hud tga in the cockpit folder, and see if the alpha channels are "hard edged" and not bleeding over. Othat than that  ????

Probably waypoint direction symbols which were added to the avionics ini before they became functional in game with SF2 NA and thus are not

sized correctly.

@Wrench
it's A-10C Warthog and the other is Rafale but seems more happen to 4th gen modern jet as im trying to combine some mods into 1 (ODS,War For Israel,Vietnam Ground,Operation Oddsey and Darius === hate to go in and out just to switch with different campaign :biggrin:)
it's works well from ODS,WFI,Vietnam and Darius) until i try to merge files from Operation Odessey mod but i don't know which file cause this, for me it's looks like a waypoint direction mark like what Crusader said.
because when i move to the left and right the strange marks will also move and gone from the HUD unless im back to the certain point to where my plane start in the air (i choose to start at the near target method when flying single/campaign).
i just take a look back at the original Oddesey mod part, there's no effects folder so my guess is from Oddesey mod Flight folder which causing this but guess i could be wrong

Edited by wiki

you shouldn't combine them.

most are designed as 'stand alones' (ODS, Darius, Vietnam). methinks something is overwriting something else, and that's causing the oddity.

The bottom one is an entry in the Eurofighters Avionics.ini (or what ever a/c is using the Eurofighter cockpit) -

The line you are after is this (right at the bottom of the file) -

[HUD_SteeringCue]
SymbolType=STEERING_CUE
ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\SteeringCue.tga
ImagePosition=0.0,-0.125
ImageSize=0.025 <---------------------------------------------------------------
VerticalAlignment=TOP

That size is fine for me, yours will currently be a much bigger number. What I can't seem to be able to do is move it from the centre of the screen and put it at the top along the compass rose regardless of how I edit the position/size/alighnment etc. It just stays in the centre :sad:

Edited by ianh755

@Wrench
just fix the problem by replacing with original A-10C from Darius..thanks again wrench!

@ianh755
Thanks for your info mate!

Edited by wiki