Sign in to follow this  
Rends

More grey looking water color for the german theatre?

I installed the modded Germany terrain from the download section here and i realy love it!

There is one thing that i would like to have changed and that is the water color of the rivers and northsea. It looks to blue. Remember that in the 60-80s the waterquality was in a bad shape through industrial contamination. And i also also find that the Northsea should look somewhat morebluegrey too.

I found this image on the Screenshot section ( i don't know the Terrain)

http://s262.photobucket.com/user/malibu43/media/CombatAce/img00008_zpsc8ba8610.jpg.html

I have no clue how the water works in this game and if it's only a single file that needs to be changed or if it's a difficult work but i would be glad if someone could create such water.

Thx,

Rends

Ok, found thread and to quote Stary "sadly, repaint water parts of ALL water tiles" it seem like a lot of work...

in truth, it's a fuckload of work to repaint the water on ALL the tgas .. you go rivers, all the transitions (city to, grass to, jungle to, and then the sea/land transitions along with the 2 S tiles (s1 & s2)

not something for the faint of heart

maybe he could tint the waternormal.bmp?    ive no idea in such matters

Waterormal,bmp is a 'Bump/3d' map I believe?

yes it is.

same as the noise normal does for the land tiles

Edited by Wrench