• Announcements

• Erik

IMPORTANT - Please read   08/15/2017

Trying to log in? Your new username is your display name (the name shown when posting). We no longer have separate usernames and display names.
      https://combatace.com/contact/ for problems logging in.

chrispdm1    1

WOFF Westen Front Airfield Maps

This is the second version of my airfield mapping for Wings: Over Flanders Fields. Credit goes to Rabu for his Flanders map that he has allowed me to use to map airfields on. The Paris map was created entirely by myself. The others were public domain and the airfield data came from WOFF itself. Please do not repost or change and distribute without crediting rabu and myself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gepard

View File Open Atlantic terrain HFD
      Open AtlanticTerrain HFD v.1.1

This terrain is written for SF2NA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I. Short description:

The terrain covers the open Atlantic Ocean south of Iceland. It is a mod of the Open Ocean Carrier Battle

Map terrain.
      It is made for slower computers, thatswhy it use no LOD based terrain, but the old HFD.

Changes to previous version:
      - starting positions of the carriers are variable now
      - 2 more recon points
      - changed the sides on the map. Soviets starts west, NATO starts east (to simulate a carrier duell NW of Scottland)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

II. INSTALLATION:

Unzip all files into your Wings StrikeFighters2 /terrain folder.

Thats it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

III. Credits. I want to say thank you to JonathanRL who made the original Open Ocean Carrier Battle

Map

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IV. This Terrain is Freeware. Commercial use is not allowed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

V.

For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use CombatAce forum or send me a PM.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      02 June 2014
      Submitter Gepard Submitted 03/23/2014 Category Full Terrains  
    • By chrispdm1
      WOFF Default Keyboard Controls
      View File Here is a quick sheet I compiled showing all the default keyboard and joystick controls in Wings: Over Flanders Fields
      Submitter chrispdm1 Submitted 12/12/2013 Category Maps, Missions, and Campaigns  
    • By gterl

View File Italian Terrain (incl. 1915-1917 campaign)
      Italian Terrain WW1 V2.0

Update (2.0):
      - Removed ships that show up on land
      - Added fortresses (Austrian & Italian)
      - Changed ocean tiles
      - Minor corrections

INTRODUCTION
      The Italian Front during WW1 refers to a series of battles fought between 1915 and 1918 in northern Italy between the armies of Austria-Hungary and Germany against Italy.
      Italy hoped that by joining the countries of the Triple Entente against the Central Powers it would gain Cisalpine Tyrol (today's provinces of Trentino and South Tyrol), the Austrian Littoral, northern Dalmatia and some areas of western Carniola.
      Italy had hoped to begin the war with a surprise offensive intended to move quickly and capture several Austrian cities.
      Well, the war soon bogged down into trench warfare similar to the Western Front fought in France.

INCLUDED
      - Italian terrain/front WW1
      - Ground objects
      - Italian campaign 1915-1917 (incl. needed skins)

FAQs
      Q: Is the scale of the map correct
      A: No
      Q: Why not the Piave river front, in order to create late 1917/1918 scenarios?
      A: Because
      Q: Are all the named towns and cities correct (placement and naming)
      A: Yes as good as it gets.
      Q: Does it include more than one season?
      A: No, currently not. Might be released with version 2
      Q: Is the frontline correct?
      A: Yes as good as it gets, representing late 1917 with certain omissions in order to get targets for the campaigns (like Monfalcone being Austro-Hungarian)
      Q: The river Isonzo seems to cut through the mountains, is that correct?
      A: To a certain degree, but I had to modify massively the heightmap in order to make things look right (e.g. river not flowing up/down the mountains)
      Q: The northern part of the map, e.g. toward Munich, seems without further towns?
      A: Correct. All forests and lakes are there but apart from the major cities (Salzburg & Munich) I've not yes included smaller towns.

INSTALLATION
      1. Make a backup copy of your First Eagles folder (just in case)
      2. Extract the file into a temporary folder (like c:\temp\)
      3. Copy all the relevant folders into the respective First Eagles game folders
      (example: c:\temp\First Eagles\Terrain\wwiItaly into your c:\Program Files\First Eagles\Terrain folder)
      4. Drop the skin folders into the respective aircraft folders and add the included lines into the aircraft ini file

PREREQUISITES
      - FE Gold (might work also with FE2, sorry guys don't know), with the latest patch
      - Aircraft for the included campaign:
      Voisin3_120
      Voisin3_150
      Nieuport11
      Nieuport17
      SVA5
      MSTypeL
      MSTypeLAO
      PfalzEV
      FokkerD2
      HBC1_160
      HBC1_200
      HBC1_230
      oefD3_ba53a
      oefD3_ba153a
      oefD3_ba253
      LloydC2
      Hansa_BrandenburgDI
      AviatikD1
      AlbatrosD3OAW
      PhoenixD2
      RumplerC1
      AviatikC2
      Farman MF11c
      SP3
      Ca3
      Dfwci
      FokkerM7BI

CREDITS
      As usual i want to say thank you to all guys who helped me to create the Italian terrain, to TK, Jan Tuma, Stephen1918, ojcar, Gepard, Heck, geo, quack74, Edward, A-Team (airplanes not included), Guitarclassic55 (for the wonderful menu) and a lot of others.
      Sorry guys, at the moment i have forgotten the names. Please contact me if you want to be named at this place.
      Thanks for files, suggestions, bug findings etc.

DISCLAIMER
      The Italian terrain is freeware.
      You are free to modify and share it, BUT Commercial use is prohibited.
      If you find bugs please post them in First Eagles section of Combatace.com forum.

Hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely
      gterl
      Submitter gterl Submitted 12/07/2013 Category First Eagles - WWI and Early Years - Terrain and Environmental Mods  
    • By Lothar of the Hill People

View File Lothar Maps
      This mod offers several alternative in-game maps for Over Flanders Fields based on modern Google imaging:

Lothar Google Map – Google’s Terrain map illustrating basic topography with modern cities and roads, much of which hasn’t changed from a map-eye view over the past century. While there’s a hint of the underlying topography, this is generally best for flying by human landmarks.

Lothar Google Earth – Google Earth satellite imagery was a long way from even hypothetical during the Great War, so this mod applies diffusion and texture filters for a slight painted canvas map effect. Important locations are marked as on the stock OFF map, but overall this is best for just flying by terrain.

Lothar Google Mix – This simply overlays the two above maps with transparency. Things may not line up exactly, especially at the extremes of the map, but overall this provides a subtler view of the road and city detail of the Google Map with more of the geographical richness of the satellite view.

In any case, the result is vastly more detailed, accurate, and useful than the stock OFF map, despite the occasional anachronism. Try them all to see which you prefer on utilitarian and aesthetic merits. And have fun exploring with fresh eyes the amazing terrain Over Flanders Fields and beyond!

Requires:
      Over Flanders Fields
      http://overflandersfields.com

JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler 2.6.0:
      http://combatace.com/files/file/13045-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler-jsgme/

Installation and Usage:
      The installer automatically extracts the mod folders into your OFF JSGME mods folder if OFF and JSGME are installed correctly. JSGME will be run when installation is complete, just activate the ‘Lothar Google Map’ or ‘Lothar Google Earth’ or ‘Lothar Google Mix’ folder to enable the mod. It only makes sense to activate one of the map mods at a time, but you can easily switch between them with JSGME.

Notes: The front no longer displays in the Briefing Room, but does so (and more accurately) on the in-flight map.

Credits:
      http://combatace.com/user/48442-lothar-of-the-hill-people/
      Submitter Lothar of the Hill People Submitted 12/03/2012 Category Maps, Missions, and Campaigns  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.