have we, with some amount of certainty, ever determined WHICH 109 model it was supposed to be??

been fiddling with creating templates for it (the DB version NOT Jumo), and all my books with profiles and internals and such (Modeler's Data file, In action, etc) seem to point that this might (operative word!!) be a K model, as evidenced by the super-sized tire bulges. But should the cowl breech bulges be larger, or is that a G 'thing' only??

Asking the Experten here for some guidance!!

thanks!

(not withstanding the lack of a center pylon for the drop tank, and other things 'not working'

Edited by Wrench

It seems that the Gustav had the bulges. The Kurfurst didn't.

2_20_zps08e82990.jpg

Bf109K-4^

2_182_zps0ffe705b.jpg

Bf109G-14

It was a modified G6,when they ran out of the Daimler Db6 engine they modified it to use the jumo 211 f engine...no cannon but mgs in wings

that's the S-199

this is the S-99 (before Jumo).. So, this is supposed to be a G6?. Then the cowl bulges are waaaay to small. the the G had much smaller tire bulges

this also has the radio mast and loop antenna (which, when you REALLLY get a close look, isn't even sitting flush with the fuselage!!)

Edited by Wrench

The big wheels bulges are for G-10 final series with short tail gear, the initial series had normal wheels and long tail gear....The beule or bulges of mg131 disapear with a more aerodynamic motor cowl  (Squadron Signal 1057 Messerschmitt Bf 109 part 2)

Edited by Hans Topp

Squadron Signal 1057 Messerschmitt Bf 109 part 2

the only one I didn't look at!!

thanks!!

Also think that germans planes are refurbished from old planes and use spare parts from other damaged models, i believe that in the book of Heinz Knoke I flew for the führer, says about one plane made for spare parts from other planes.

The fuselage has the antena mast, tall rudder and engine cowl of AS version... The loop antena is near mast, not a K4. The ERLA canopy and

wings of a G-10....

Edited by Hans Topp

The S-99 was bulit with spare parts that Avia was found and wreckage planes... in the german wikipedia about s-99 say that it was build (our german friends can translate it better) with  parts of g-10 and g-14, wreckage planes was found and used to build it, finally the s-99 could be a mix of g-6, g-10 or another 109 model (sorry with my english, i have to practice more)

your English is more than adequate!!

so the main question remains:

it is worth messing around with to create a WW2 version, and what should it be called? Or does it really matter?

it definitely has the enlarged oil pump bumps in the front lower cowl, and what appears to be the deeper chin scoop.

but, then again, if it's a "pieces-parts" ????

Dont forget,the czechs did have means to modify the entire a\c at their factories ,I read that the g6 nose was redesigned to reflect the fact it no longer had a cannon in spinner\nose,the "bulges" were modified accordingly,G6 parts were mostly used where and when they could lay their hands on the parts.

your English is more than adequate!!

so the main question remains:

it is worth messing around with to create a WW2 version, and what should it be called? Or does it really matter?

it definitely has the enlarged oil pump bumps in the front lower cowl, and what appears to be the deeper chin scoop.

but, then again, if it's a "pieces-parts" ????

I think this model is G-10, this model had cowling engine for DB 605D that looks like one DB 605AS,  the G-10 has two bulges in the lower cowling (i dont see in the photo if are one big or two small but could be) and the wings had the bigger bulges for wider main wheels

Dont forget,the czechs did have means to modify the entire a\c at their factories ,I read that the g6 nose was redesigned to reflect the fact it no longer had a cannon in spinner\nose,the "bulges" were modified accordingly,G6 parts were mostly used where and when they could lay their hands on the parts.

But i think this is for the S-199 with the Jumo engine that can't assamble the motorkanone.