Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Time for Reflection

With the recent passing away of my Mother, I've been in a very reflective mood lately.

Bygone Ireland is a subject that's always been close to my heart. I've always had the opinion that the humility of our recent ancestors is something that most people today neither care about or try to capitalise on.

I viewed this on vimeo today, and a flood of childhood memories of being brought with my siblings to visit elderly relatives returned to me. The strangely therapeutic sound of the old clocks ticking away in the background; the faithful, friendly old household dog that came out to the car to greet us as we pulled in; the stories, the songs, and of course - the elderly relatives themselves.

I'm not ashamed to say that viewing this video brought a tear to my eye. The description by the photographer says it all really:

https://vimeo.com/88597387

In memory of Mary Curtin

post-29988-0-72006800-1394882229_thumb.jpg

December 13th, 1935 to March 4th, 2014

• Like 1

The hardest part of getting older is losing those we love. The best way to honor and remember them is to recall what they taught us. Don't let the world take away the humanity the older generation gave you. God bless you and your family piecemeal and may your good mother always rest in peace.

Losing my Dad last summer was brutal. I know how you feel, like a part of you is missing. Very sorry to hear of loss, just push through. It'll be tough, but it's the only way.

Know the feeling Piecemal leaves a real hole in your life surprisingly one person I miss the most was my wife's mum she was the best anyway I think pcpilot's comment was spot on. 

Contemplating the past in the way you do it Piecemeal is a GREAT way of keeping in touch with that same past, your mother is there and will be smiling upon you from above !!!

If you forget the past, you will lose the future.

<s>

• Like 1