Sign in to follow this  
SilverDragon

VEAO Hawk updates

That trainter aircraft has been delayed by Bae Licence agreement (similar to the Belsimtek UH-1H on 2012-2013)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1996452&postcount=1

Dear All,

Here is the current situation with the Hawk anticipated release date for the end of February.

We are still in discussion with BAE regarding the IPR licence agreement of using the Hawk name, shape and functionality of the aircraft. This has taken longer than expected and will put us past the anticipated February release date.

There are also some fundamental changes coming in DCS World 1.2.8. that benefit all 3rd party developers and you, the pilots flying our mods.

We feel that given the delay on the IPR issue, we can benefit from these changes in 1.2.8 and want to make full use of them to give you a better product.

Therefore; release of the Hawk will be delayed until the IPR issue is resolved and DCS World 1.2.8. has been released to the public.

We would like to thank you for your continued support and patience on the Hawk project and look forward to seeing you flying Hawk around in DCS soon.

Chris and the VEAO team

Edited by SilverDragon

VEAO Hawk update
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122826
Following the announcement from Wags on DCS Product Terms, we are pleased to clarify the following for the Hawk:

Hawk for DCS - Standard Flight Model (SFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) - Initial Release
DCS Hawk - (in development) Professional Flight Modeling (PFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM)

Definitions:
Standard Flight Model (SFM). This has not changed and defines a more data-driven means of achieving flight dynamics, in conjunction with some scripting. 

Professional Flight Model (PFM). This is generations beyond an AFM/AFM+ and is based upon:
• Use a wider array of wind tunnel tests CFD methods for aerodynamics parameters calculations.
• A higher level of aircraft construction details for forces calculations. For example: our landing gear model includes individual kinematics of retracting/extending is used to calculate its movement, servo-piston forces, etc. In such cases, we truly use real lengths, arms, etc. This also includes such items as a realistic simulation of airflow along the airframe due to the propeller or helicopter rotor thrust.
• Realistic simulation of Flight Control, CAS and Autopilot systems.
• Realistic simulation of Hydraulics, Fuel, Electrical, Engine and other systems influence flight characteristics.
• Unprecedented access to test data packs.

Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM). An ASM enabled aircraft goes into great depth to model the intricacies of the various cockpit systems, to include functionality for almost all the buttons, switches, dials, etc. A key element of an ASM cockpit is the ability to interact with it using your mouse. ASM DCS examples include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2.

For Wags original post, please see here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2039947#post2039947

I will be updating the Hawk product page today and will release the link shortly.

Thanks,
Chris.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2061718&postcount=1205
Update Time

Hey guys,
Well it's been a little while since the last update so I thought I'd bring you up to speed on what's been happening over the past few weeks.

As you know we're gearing up ready to release the Hawk to you and that involves the testers trying to break things and we fix them for them to break them again so we can fix them a little bit more. Boring right, well that's what makes the perfect DCS aircraft so that's the process we go through and have been going through since we gave the 1.2.8. version to the testing team.

Suffice to say we're having a little issue with certain navigation systems that Tango is working through with the testing team.
We opted to create our own navigation system for our aircraft. There were a few reasons for this that have been mentioned already, for current and future aircraft. 
With this brings inherent problems that I'm confident Tango can work through. 

Work on the rear cockpit has been ongoing for a while now and I've shown off some eye candy recently showing that. The rear cockpit modelling is almost finished and will be handed over to our cockpit texture artist very soon. 
We will then start work on the switch implementation system in tandem allowing for front and rear control of the aircraft via seat switching.
Multiplayer control and dual sharing of the cockpit will come down the road later either using ED's system or our own.

Which brings me on to the re-texturing of the front cockpit. The textures you currently see and will get at release are our basic textures. Very soon after public release we will release the high-res pack as part of a patch. I'll post up some comparison shots soon but want to let the team get on with it a little bit more before I do that.

We're working with ED to implement the Hawk into core DCS as an AI aircraft. 
This means that even if you haven't bought the Hawk, you can still see it flying around in the sim negating the need for a multiplayer patch.
We're also working together on fixing a few key bugs that are preventing public release.

I have a military tech demo this coming Friday so have been busy mission writing and fine tuning a few things for that.

When I'm back next week I'll be finishing off the manual, training missions and missions that will ship with the public release.
We also have a few volunteer translators that will first translate the quickstart manual, followed by the full manual.

The voice overs for the training missions are also being recorded and will be updated into the training missions at a later patch.

Which nicely leads on to the patching system. We are in discussion with ED on how best to patch the aircraft in future. As I've mentioned the Hawk will be part of core DCS but that opens up discussions on SFM/EFM versions and we're working through that at the moment.
We can guarantee that it will be the least inconvenience to you that won't affect the version you have bought.

And on to the CRM system, this is the front and back end processing for taking orders and payment from our web site. Work has started on the back end and front end pages and we'll be letting our testers have a little play with that soon.
Part of that system are the product pages which are almost complete for the Hawk.
We've elected to mirror the ED website product pages so it is familiar to you, and so we can easily implement the product within ED's own website and Module Manager.

Licensing issues with BAE are ongoing with our lawyers but hopefully we can get to a resolution quickly.

That's a pretty good snapshot of what we're working on and I hope to bring you some more eye candy really soon.

As to when we will release, well you'll just have to wait and see....

Thanks,
Chris.

Any word on the licensing issues?

very nice...been following this hawk....

my version for strikefighters 2...any chance of the mesh for the seat?...lol  save me making one..

post-1981-0-15106400-1400623547_thumb.jpg

I'm going to conjur up my own DCS:KC-135 brochures and hand those out as well. Either way, I cant fly anything new anytime soon.

Update July VEAO, waiting to the Bae license.

Hawk update July 2014

So, this weekend we're splitting the Hawk into two, not literally of course lol

There will be the base Hawk in DCS World which the AI will use and you can see flying around negating the need for a multiplayer patch which we put out before. 
Then there will be the "paid" section which is essentially the activation part as our copy protection system will allow you to sit in the cockpit but not fly the aircraft unless you have a valid activation code. 
Both of these sections will then be uploaded into The ED testers version for them to test and report any bugs. Luckily most of the ED testers we have assigned are already on our test team so not much should be found. 

You will then see the Hawk appear in DCS World at some point in the future. 
We can't confirm which version yet but as soon as we know I'll let you know. 
I'm not sure if we'll make the Sabre update version but will try our best. 

The website and store are being worked on also right now by a very talented web designer in the US who is a good friend of one of our developers. 
The Hawk product pages are being built and we'll get our testing team to try it out prior to going live. 
This will be a seamless payment experience if bought through our site. 
We will then pass that product info in a format to ED for their web site and pass over thousands of activation codes for their star force database which allows you to buy from their store (still using our protection system).

Then it's the Steam pages, I'm putting together the info needed for those and again producing activation codes for that database. 

So, when we said soon, we meant soon 

Legal stuff is very nearly there and will tie in with release. 

Very exciting times for DCS in the next few months for sure!!

Cheers,
Chris.

Originally Posted by Noj  View Post
Don't mean to be critical or pedantic, but surely all that stuff would have been sorted out before you even started working on a commercial release?

Otherwise, it's a load of money, time and effort potentially down the drain. Not to mention the damage it would do your rep if it had to be abandoned.

I'm assuming the same would apply to the Typhoon, as well.

Hopefully you can wrap them both up in one swoop (along with any future projects... ahem!)

Most aircraft have to be developed to demonstrate to manufacturers what you're doing
It's a very convoluted process I won't go into here. 
We've been in discussions with BAE for over 2 years now as it's not just the Hawk we need a licence for from BAE. Also they're not set up for this kind of thing as it's not been done to this level before. 

Don't forget we're doing military as well as consumer products

Cheers,
C

VEAO Roarmap  :

Hey Guys,
We thought it would be good for you to know our development roadmap.

DISCLAIMER:
The list is not final and will be changed at any time depending on contracts, agreements, discussions, etc. but this is our current roadmap.
The dates shown are indicative and not final!!

As Wags says, everything is subject to change...

For the packs, we will be doing certain discounts for number of aircraft bought, etc. and this is still being discussed and details will be revealed closer to sale time.

We are currently having discussions with aircraft manufacturers, owners of aircraft and collectors so some things may be included in packs and collections may not yet be shown on here but I'll update the list as and when we have agreements.

We will keep this list as up to date as possible as things develop and contracts are agreed.

We have multiple teams working on different projects, so the old "finish one before you start another" is not relevant. We will not overstretch the teams or the business!!

The * next to the aircraft indicates that we are in contract with ED for those.

We hope you like the selection of aircraft and maps and look forward to a great future in DCS with you!!

Cheers,
Chris.

DCS Air Force Training Pack
BAE Hawk T.1A – July/August 2014 *
Short Tucano – July 2015
Grob G115E Tutor – July 2015
Pilatus Pc21

DCS Warbirds Collection
Curtiss P-40F - December 2014 *
Grumman F8F Bearcat – February 2015 *
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV – April 2015 *
HA-1112 Buchon - May 2015 *
Hawker Typhoon – Q3 2015
Grumman Wildcat – Q4 2015
Dehaviland Mosquito Mk IV 
Dehaviland Mosquito Mk XVI
Messerchmitt Me109T
Supermarine Seafire 17 
Hawker Sea Hurricane
Hawker Sea Hawk
Curtiss Hawk 75
Curtiss P-40C
Focke Wulf FW190A-8 / F-8
Messerschmitt Bf109-E4
North American A-36 Apache
Douglass DC3

DCS Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (RAFBBMF)
We are currently in discussion with them to develop the pack and an announcement will be made soon.
Avro Lancaster
Douglas C-47 Dakota
Hawker Hurricane MkI 
Hawker Hurricane MkIIb
Various Supermarine Spitfire’s in their collection

DCS Fast Jets
Eurofighter Typhoon – 2015 *
Boeing A330 MRTT Refueller – Included with the Typhoon as AI then developed ASM/EFM after to be sold separately.
A-4C Skyhawk – July 2015
A-4M Skyhawk – December 2015
SAAB JAS Gripen 
Dassault Rafale 
Hunter Hawker
Dehaviland Venom
Dehaviland Vampire
Panavia Tornado GR1
Hawker Siddley FAS1 SeaHarrier
North American T-28 Fennec

DCS Helicopters
Boeing/Augusta AH64D Apache
Westland Lynx
Westland Wessex
Boeing CH-47 Chinook
Aerospatial Puma

Map Areas
Duxford (test development map)
North Africa – Tubruq
Mach Loop – Welsh Valleys
Falkland Islands

Nice for them to give us a list of their projects and loose timelines. Allows for one to asses their gaming budgets and make arrangements.

For me, it appears that I'll be safe until mid-late 2015.

By the time half of this comes out,I`ll be too old to care,much less be able to fly it...lol

If they can produce and release a quality Apache Longbow for mid 2016 I will be as happy as a kid with a ton of candy.

After some more thought, this is more like a virtual "dibs" list to prevent someone else from doing them.

"Well VEAW is doing X, so we'll move on to Y"

Let's hope it all comes to fruition.

By DCS: World Facebook, and Ells228 (VEAO Team), the VEAO Hawk T.M1 will be coming as flyable add-on on the DCS: world 1.2.9 version.

DCS Hawk will be released in 1.2.9

You'll see it in 1.2.9

Flyable

VEAO get free the EFM update to the Bae Hawk T.1 SFM costumers and a discount to the costumers with purchase the EFM update.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2415691&postcount=1
Dear All,
I have had lengthy discussions with the VEAO team and ED this morning and we have come to an agreement regarding the confusion over SFM vs EFM and what has been purchased on ED store and Steam.

Any customers that have purchased the "Hawk T.1A for DCS World" from the ED store will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release, free-of-charge.

Any customers that have purchased the "Hawk for DCS World" on Steam will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release, free-of-charge.

Any customers that have purchased the "DCS:Hawk (EFM) Beta (Pre-sale)" on VEAO Simulations website will automatically receive an upgrade to the External Flight Model (EFM) version at the time of release and will also receive a coupon code via email giving them $10 discount on future products in the VEAO DCS: World catalogue.

The coupon will only be valid for customers that have purchased the EFM pre-sale version of Hawk directly from VEAO as they have already paid for the $10 upgrade price from SFM to EFM.

We felt that this was the fairest way to level all products bought.

If you have any further questions please post here or email support@veaosimulations.co.uk

Thanks,
Chris.