Snailman

White Tiger - English subtitles

Never heard of it till now. I cant say I have seen much of anything concerning the Soviet side of WW2 other than a few movies like Cross of Iron which only give you a glimpse. So far, I am fascinated. Ive already seen T-34s, a BT tank, not sure if its a 5 or 7, a MkIV panzer, and a matilda (!) of all things. First one of those Ive seen in a movie anywhere even if it was destroyed. Im waiting now to see the white tiger...xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

Its left sir.

No...its behind us.

:scare:

well, they made it from a JS-II tank (that's why it has side armour - otherwise you could see the KV style wheel set )))  But it was intended to be a mystic "ghost" tank, so it's OK ))

If there's any real life connection exists in this movie, Otto Carius' winter-camo Pz VI tiger it could be. Typical of soviet troops - they could more likely believe in a ghost tank than to admit that a tank ace can be that good )))

Well, the uniforms, small arms, and vehicles are all very impressive. I wont say anything about the german tank so as to not ruin it for anyone else. The translation to english subtitles isn't perfect but not bad either; I seem to be following the movie just fine. The movie also doesn't play up the soviet style commissars too much but the threat is definitely there, lol. Its not hard to imagine this is the eastern front. The spiritual aspect of the movie with the ghost tank, etc. is a bit different to western ears but still a very engaging movie; I am enjoying it. When Im done, Im defiantely going to have to break out my T-34/85 on world of tanks and go do some battles... :biggrin:

Edited by pcpilot

Tanker Movie!!!!!!!

Awesome! Looks good too I scanned through it. I will watch later when I got the time.

Thanks!

Wow! Spooky story and many petrol-filled tank kills but compelling performances, great costumery, sounds and visuals, high production values...and lots of tanks! Glad it left the ending ambiguous (if message-laden) instead of going for the usual Hollywood-style hokum.

At least, anyone who talks to their tank, real or virtual, won't feel so bad, after watching this!

Thanks for the link!

• Like 1

Does it make me weird if I have carried on a conversation with an M-1A1?

Hahaha )))))  You also have a PTSD? ))) 

We, forest lurkers, have different sickness... we sleep with guns in the bed ))

Wow! Spooky story and many petrol-filled tank kills but compelling performances, great costumery, sounds and visuals, high production values...and lots of tanks! Glad it left the ending ambiguous (if message-laden) instead of going for the usual Hollywood-style hokum.

At least, anyone who talks to their tank, real or virtual, won't feel so bad, after watching this!

Thanks for the link!

Yes, new russian movies are like this.. Tad bit heroic.. sometimes a little lemonade... but spectacular without spending a small country's yearly GDP on making a film )))))  And what I appreciate more, that there is no such rush.... you know what I mean. Short cuts, missing links in the story... accelerated events - at the end you remember nothing about the movie.

Yes I liked the ending, reminded me of that line at the end of Bertold Brecht's 'The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui':

'Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again.'

Like Comrade Lieutenant Neydanov, maybe we all need to watch out for the day the White Tiger will return.

• Like 1

When Im done, Im defiantely going to have to break out my T-34/85 on world of tanks and go do some battles... :biggrin:

....or, you could break out the same tank in Steel Fury:

shot_2014_03_23_23_32_30_0001.jpg

...or if you fancy something with a bit more poke, how about this:

shot_2014_03_23_23_35_42_0002.jpg

...or even this, if you're good at fixing failed transmissions :)

shot_2014_03_23_23_39_08_0001.jpg

Does it make me weird if I have carried on a conversation with an M-1A1?

Only if it answers you back...xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.86ZlZhEa46.png

33Lima, no matter which game, I'd still go for the T-34, very cool tank. Loved watching them in this movie.

The soviets made a lot of WW2 war movies. A lot of them were the typical rubbish of heroic soviet soldiers and the stupid and coward germans.

But there are some good movies to like this: "Battaillons require for fire"

Its the story of some soviet battalions which formed a bridgehead and were smashed by german couter attacks.

Edited by Gepard

ups double post

Edited by Gepard

Fine viewing Snailman, with a casting of steel (without pun!). It had me give a new try to "T-34 vs Tiger". Yet it is somewhat wasted by the ridiculous excess of armored things exploding in flames. Russian 'Ghollivudh'!

Ah yes, T-34 vs Tiger: nice visuals, nice individual vehicle simulation, but very few missions with no way to work with friendly forces other than try to coperate with your 'slient partners'.

TvsT 2014-03-25 12-15-12-88.jpg

TvsT 2014-03-25 12-09-12-26.jpg

Is this... Steel Fury a separate game? How can one get it? Is this the one with ARMA engine? It looks to me...  I'm not into tanks too much, and ARMA is not really my genre (OFP was, however). But this looks good. And if the infantry part is also that good too, it really worth a try.