Sign in to follow this  
Killchain

Windows 8.1..... Help Needed....

i have a problem getting any of my WOE installations working...

On previous system (win 7) i had all working.... nicely...

Upgraded to 8.1 now i cant get them to fire up.... not happy...

system is upgraded with new drivers, graphic's, sound etc....

i have tried all compatibility modes & run as admin...

there is a lot of settings on nvidia/inspector settings...

i used to run : Wings over Africa
Wings Over Europe - NATO Fighters
Wings Over Europe - Operation Desert Storm
Wings Over Europe - Spanish Civil War
Wings Over Europe - Timor
Wings Over Europe - WWII
Wings Over Russia
Wings Over Vietnam

Now Nothing...

Tried new instal off disc & iso... not working.
Tried copying old folders over and running game... no good

Note : unpatched clean version gave me the red & white logo intro, then black screen, back to desktop.
Patched clean version is just a black screen then back to desktop.

Even thought about a partition disk, windows 7, dual boot, just to play....
but a recent google search has put me off this idea, because you cant go backwards.. (8.1 - 7)

Any Help would be most appreciated.

Missing this Game.

(Sorry if this is repeated post but i cant find it....)

Also i posted this over at A-Team,
http://cplengineeringllc_bb.cplengineer ... php?t=1825

And third wire

moved to a more proper forum, where it might actually be looked at and answered

Meaning: PLEASE!! Do NOT post in the Knowledge Base; it's for answers, not questions.

Thank You! :biggrin:

-------------------

SF/Wo* requires DX9.

you'll have to reinstall it (DX9 that is. IF Win8 allows it)(

Edited by Wrench

Thanks for reply's.

Migbuster: i did a fresh install with drive format for win 8.1.

i Get a pop up box from web installer saying "direct x determined that a newer or equivalent version is installed already. no instalation is necessary"

the full download version does the same, so i looked at the 64 bit files in the download, copyed them to system 32 folder but i am not to sure what i am     doing, ran the sdk, because Capun told me it would say what files are missing, but it does not......

Wrench: sorry for post in wrong place, cheers for the move.

Capun at a-team seems to think some files from dx9 are missing from 8.1 instalation, but he cant remember which ones.

i have tried to install dx of the disc aswell, seems to over write a few files, but game does not start.

i have looked through windows/system 32 and some files are ovbvious for dx9, but not all.

if i could get a list of files that are included in dx9 installation, i could compare to the system 32 folder (seems like a long shot though).

could it be anything to to with the settings on Nvidia inspector settings menu ?. (the new version is not as straight forward as the old control panel).

somthing makes me think it might not be direct x, because i run some old games flawless on 8.1.

eg: rFactor, cod 4, cod 5, mohaa, FSX, ILL 2 with stab, Hawx.....etc...

but this is only a thought..

Cheers for replys,

Will keep on it.

M.

What exactly happens? Does the game crash upon starting it or do you have a ctd when you try to start a mission? When you installed the game did windows produce a popup that said the program did not install correctly?

If the install worked but the game wont run or you CTD I would try messing with the program compatibility options. Tell it to run in as if it was in windows 7 and make sure to run as administrator. That can often clear up a lot of compatibility issues. 

I am also running windows 8.1 and the sim worked from the beginning without issues. excpet one. On all menu screen I have a medium flashing, almost like a refresh problem. Very annpying..