Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

To buy or not to buy?

Guys,

I am a WW1 buff. I liked FE back in the days and I am now pondering wether I should by FE2 or not.
My questions are : is FE sufficient or is FE2 a worth add-on?
- Is there good mods (à la Nato Fighters) adding new campaigns others than the Western Front (eastern, Italy, Balkans...)? 

- Can we play two-seaters in some campaigns? I dream of a Breguet 14 campaign. :)

I ditched FE1 as soon as FE2 came out - main advantage for me would be the newer code base.

FE is sufficient, inasmuch as most or all mods will work with it, including the new theatres - Italy, North Sea, Eastern Front and now Palestine.

However, FE2 is in most respects better. Improvements include better performance on newer PCs, persistent plane wrecks and greater default view distances.

I have both but play nearly always in FE2.

Palestine and Western Front, with First Eagles:

img00009.jpg

img00003.jpg

Italian theate and North Sea, with First Eagles 2:

img00053.JPG

img00059.JPG

Unfortunately there is no 'mega mod'; there's campaligns and theatres a-plenty, notably Ojcar's month-by-month Western Front one, but you have to download the campaign, planes and other components separately.

Two-seaters feature in Ojcar's campaign, the Italian campaitgn and some others, just select a squadron flying the mount of your choice. As in the stock sim, you can't man the observer seats though. Not sure in which if any campaigns the Br. XIV is flyable.

img00008.jpg

EDIT - yes the Breguet 14 features in Ojcar's Armchair Aces - Verdun campaign. I believe it's the A Team's model.

img00552.JPG

• Like 3

Well... you had me at Italian theatre.

But Breguet 14 is an even better news.