Sign in to follow this  
Charles72

makes SFP2 aircrafts flyable in P1

a hint for those who has the first game and they can't move on to the second generation because of what they built from all these add-ons,over the time ...take the latest post for example, the JF17 ,go and move out the JF17ini. to the desktop or new folder for example,look in your game for F-4 C lets say, copy it & paste it in JF17 folder,rename it as JF17,open it and delete its content, go back to the JF17 ini on the desktop, open it & copy its contents,paste it into the newly created and renamed ini inside the JF17 folder ..note (not all the 2nd Gen. aircrafts models works,you have to try)at the end you can right click on the hangar and the loading JPG photoes and choose PAINT >choose -save as- bmp. the hangar photo has to be 1024-768 so it doesn't flick..also change the JPGs to bmp. inside the skin folder ..

Ah, not really all of them.  Many (if not most) of the third-party SF2 models are exported as Unicode lod files, making them completely unusable in all but one SF1-series title, and that would be the SFP1 Israel expansion pack.

Edited by Fubar512

too much work for too little result

too many steps outlined;

for the ini work, wouldn't it be simplier to "save as ..." back into ANSI??

but for any lod created with MAX2009 and the 3W exporter, they'd be Unicode and invisible to SF1

Is buying single SF2 title that budget impacting? I'm aware of the no-paypal for some issue but still...

On old machines, like mine, the first generation runs faster. Especially the loading of a mission. With WoX i cant start after 10 to 20 seconds while a SF2 mission needs 2 - 4 minutes to load. When the mission is running, then SF2 brings a better fps, but only a little bit.

• Like 1

SFP1's biggest advantage is the network play. I was working on a WOI converted to SF2:I Menus, added weapons, converted Campaigns from all SF Sims plus all Aircraft from the whole SF1 series in one package, but I'm not sure if anyone would want it. BTW Seasons works in Series one games. Really the biggest thing missing is the RWR modes other than 3 Ring, Flare Chaff Counters and the Threat Warnings.

Edited by Spectre8750
  • Like 1