Stratos

Want improved avionics and other things? Say that to Thirdwire here please:

I For One Am Happy With What We Have So Far. While Access To SF2 .LOD Files Are Still Restricted They May

Become Available At A Later Date. As For The Game Engine A Lot Can Be Changed Via Data Tweaks.Even At The

Last Patch Level There Was Still Some File Heap Errors That Were Rendered Inert By TK. Take For Instance

The Default SA-8 And SA-8B Launchers Set Up As Mobile Sams That Used The Same Naming Conventions In The

Weapons Folder As Well As The Ground Object Folder. Left SA-8 Folder In GroundObject File As Is And

Created SA-8L And SA-8BL Folders. One Process I Use For Tracking Down CTD Problems Is To Fire Up Procmon

Through WSCC By Sysinternals And Drop To Taskbar Making Sure My Filters Are All On And Capture Events

And AutoScroll On. After A Session With SF2 I Bring It Back Up And See How The Game Compiles Itself.

So If TK Releases Another PC Title,Patch,DLC, Thats Fine By Me, If Not There Is Still The Modding

Community.

Hey, I like this guy a lot!

, you would quickly discover that you'd bought a dog with fleas.......which is, I suspect, the real reason behind his reticence.

You probably got a point in this.

Sometimes in the past it seems that he wasn't even sure of what was in his own code.

Strange...

It would somewhat shock me if TK was to give away his lifes work and foundation for his entire business - I expect a lot of the code is reused in the mobile games as well.  - MigBuster

I would suggest there is so much powerful, underlying truth to this.  I no longer program as a career.  But, I would suggest most programmer's are naturally hesitant about sharing their source code with others.  That is, unless they are done in support of collaborative, open-source projects.  But when you have a programmer like TK that has built an entire game engine over who knows how long, and is still using components of it within mobile games (which I would bet certainly is the case), then what really is the incentive to offer anything more?  In a way that may be confusing to some, it goes beyond just talk about money and more into a control issue, in my opinion. That's why I still think as I posted before, even if parts of the code were somehow offered in a module that could be compiled as an alternate .dll for example, that seems like a fair and logical approach.