I've got the itch to actually make something happen this month, and I'm looking at making some 123rd FIS low vis markings for the F-4C. The skin exists, so does the squadron ini, but the markings don't due to the guard using different serial number markings. That being the case, when I do proceed with this, what is the best way for making the decals? I have some decal sheets from model airplanes, is it legal to scan those in, and place them in game or do I need to draw them on photoshop and do it that way?

Thanks,

Bucklehead

post-9057-0-00778600-1412833128_thumb.jpg

While the publisher wouldnt be happy with you scanning, many of my decals were made pulling from online pics of decal sheets, and many modders do what youre talking about. New Jersery rules, its legal long as you dont get caught

Placement of what you seek is in the stock decal inis. My Phantom skinpacks also have a subdued ANG marking, to save a little trouble.

Look forward to seeing your work

if you own the decal sheets...why not scan them...and touch up in paint prog...its not as if your reselling them..

if you own the decal sheets...why not scan them...and touch up in paint prog...its not as if your reselling them..

Ya, kinda like when you BUY a game from STEAM but you don't really own it so you can't run it on your game comp that is not connected to the net !