Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

'Specific' Static aircraft generation, Can it be done?

Can specific aircraft types be generated at parking spots in the airfield ini's to mimic the type flown by the simmer? For example; if I want F-86's in the fighter parking spots and maybe some A-26's for the larger, can these types be generated always for this specific airfield? Something different than the random generation process.

Thanks, NIELS

unfortunately, no. the randomness is controlled by the game engine. it pulls the parked planes from any/all available in the /Aircraft folder (which is why in KAW for example, you can see navy panthers or skyraiders on Tageu)

OK - Thanks Wrench

NIELS

I could be wrong, but in campaign mode, what ever squadrons you select to use a particular airfield that's what shows up as parked aircraft. Even the large parking. It just doesn't work that way for single missions. That's all random.

Will that work in a scripted mission also? Because I'm trying to get a certain AC to show up to check the parked animations.

Will that work in a scripted mission also? Because I'm trying to get a certain AC to show up to check the parked animations.

Only in campaigns, because they read directly from the squadron list, whereas single missions (scripted or not) do not.

Edited by Fubar512

:biggrin: Right on! Thanks for the feedback.

NIELS