Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

The 'new' X-Wing/TIE Fighter series...

ok, as this is one of the most disused Forums here at CA, lets get the ball rolling on the updated games that GoG has released.

Feel free to talk about XW, TF, XvT and XWA. Mind you, most of the good stuff is over at Darksabre's site, but I don't seem to recall him having any mission sets for the later games, (XvT XWA)

As some you know from my posts in the Pub, I've got a boatload of missions, converted to Xvt/BoP format from the early 2000s (just before I got into SF moddding).

As some point in the near future, I plan on starting to release them for who ever wants them. To that end, I'm going to ask Erik to add a download section for them. Don't know what I'm going to call it yet; as most are BoP (although I DO have 2 sets for XWA)

The most difficult part is figuring out which sets require the Draconis Ship Patch (which no longer works in Win7, to say nothing of the GoG exes.)
If anyone has any ideas on HOW to add the missing ships (most of them are from the TIE Fighter CD version). This makes use of the later Tours of T/F problematic. However, the earlier Tours work quite well in the new version of XvT/BoP

So, lets get the ball rolling!!!

was the atmospheric mod for XWA ever done? I think it added snowspeeders to the mix but that was eons ago.

There was the Asgard Campaign who used fake backdrops to create the illusion of Planets. They had a pretty nice Escape from Hoth mission.

Outstanding. I really want to find that mission referenced in the youtube video...