Sign in to follow this  
yakarov79

USMC Aircraft carriers for helos.

Since my PC is crashed and no chance for now for new one I decided to mess with my laptop. And temporary am runing SF2V merged with SF2NA on it on very low details. Anyway.

Trying to launch AH-1J SeaCobra from LHA-1. Changed to USMC class ship. In map before flight it shows that flight starts on deck. But when launching game crash each time after 100% load. So ive downloaded moded  file of LHA-1 from download section. And now flight is not starting from deck.

SeaCobra is set for minbase=small, Aircraftcarrier (orsomething like this)=true, Distance when parked 2.0.

Is it possible that game chose sometiems start from deck and sometiems from ashore ?

Also is it possible to convert LPD Austin class for aircraft carriers ? I think it will need CAT station ?  Could be tempting for Marhukers flights.

best bet is to find the thread on making collision lods for the carriers i think.  cant remember where it is tho.

do you have the ability to run max on your laptop?  and what crashed on your desktop if you dont mind my asking

I think this is Fubar's work from awhile back. I take no credit just sharing.

Most welcome, whoever did it.

Here you go!

Thanks.

best bet is to find the thread on making collision lods for the carriers i think.  cant remember where it is tho.

do you have the ability to run max on your laptop?  and what crashed on your desktop if you dont mind my asking

Yes, i can run max.

As for crashing. I don't know right now, I meesed up something with ini file. Need to find where cause on Range terrain I am fine, on Vietnamsea am crashing always to desktop.

by default, the VNSEA terrain does NOT have NA style "CV Zones" defined on the _water.bmp.

but it still shouldn't crash. that's got to be another problem (like USMC NOT having carriers)

I would just add "CarrierBased=TRUE to the data ini of the helos, along with the required "parking span", and test on a terrain WITH the proper CV coding.

CarrierBased=TRUE
CarrierParkSpan= (should be rotor span, but use ???)
CarrierParkAnimationID=  (since no folding wings, use -1 for anim ID

It is park span issue. I will test some values. Am using vietnamsea_water bmp from download section.

With G model i was able to start from Tarawa. But two issues. span 2.0  was working while with J cause crashing. I had also some cockpit issues (black screen) but external view was ok and helo was properly placed. But for launchtime=0.1  it was still "rolling" through deck which cause some helo damage (i lost left stab and wing and something else). And it is carrierbased=TRUE

Need to test more.

I have changed LHA -  Availability=COMMON but still seldom flight starts on deck,

Wrench thanks for tips.

Edited by yakarov79

I think i got it.

Crashing to desktop is not related to vessel. It was my mistake in ini file. I was testing some totaly different thing and didn't remove whole tested entry, I don't know how but in some specific setup it was causing crash.  My mistake.

As for the LHA. I downloaded SF2NA LHA update file from here and maybe it is working with other aircrafts but not with helo.

For LHA deck i used: CollisionMesh=LHA_DECK.LOD is that right mesh for LHA.lod ? I don't know but it is not causing any damage.

Black screen in cockpit view was caused by deck height. 10cm more solved problem. Changed entrys for CAT1 to4 and 4 helo flight can start without problems. I was trying to land but wife was interupting and I scratch island with rotor...BAM!

img00004.jpg

img00006.jpg

img00008.jpg

• Like 4

Again i made some edits. Maybe someone discover it but i just instaled NA week  ago (long time since i bought NA right after release).

Previously i made CAT station on LHA and LPD ships. Player can take off with helo using thrust vectoring. But AI was taking off aircraft style. And for me it was anoying. I changed again CAT entrys.

example:

StartPosition=-8.0,30.0001,11.75
EndPosition=-8.0,29.0009,120.0

LaunchTime=12.0 ------- need to bee adjusted to look proper wey.

In this way player  also is not using thrust vectoring. After releasing brakes you are launched up and after that you can continue level flight. Somehow AI pilots are doing this correctly. And it looks much ok than standard take off. It is not perfect solution but for now i think only way to fool game if you want to use helos. I belive fixed wings like Harrier can do the same but i did not tested it.

As for landing i equiped Seacobra with fake arresting hook and vessel deck with cables. And landing on deck is also posible.

I wanted to post video but my ancient laptop is... anyway maybe next time.

regards.

• Like 3