Sign in to follow this  
shomu1

Define weapon launching rail

Hello everyone,

Quick question.  I'm trying to mount Brimstones on a slightly modded F-14D with Avionics_70 from the TMF pack and was having issues getting the proper triple launcher to appear.

The missiles appear and fire fine, but when I select 6x Brimstone in the loadout option they come loaded on a triple Maverick rail instead of the triple Brimstone launcher.  I was wondering if there's a way to force the game to mount the Brimstones on their proper launcher, be it through editing the aircraft's data file or the weapon's file.

For reference the relevant mods I've downloaded are TMF's Tomcat pack and KillerBee's Ordnance Shop 2.

Thanks in advance for your help

Altering the LOADOUT.INI file would force the missiles to load on the proper rack as defined in the LOADOUT.INI.

I'm trying to think of another way to do so...

FC

I've done it using 'SpecificStationCode' I duplicated the weapons rack, changed the name and gave it a code. Then had to add a weapons station to the aircraft _Data.ini with just that AlowedWeaponsClass and the same code. Then added it all to the loadeout.ini. It's a lot of editing,but it works.

I forgot to add that the fun part is making sure it doesn't mess up the other weapons of the same type that the aircraft can carry.

example:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=bigbomb
Loadout[01].Quantity=6

Loadout[01].Racktype=       <------defined here in loadout ini

Ah, thanks.  Next question, what if I want it to select the proper rack with a customized loadout, (i.e. one not defined in the loadout file of the aircraft but rather created in the loadout editor before a mission)?

Ah, thanks.  Next question, what if I want it to select the proper rack with a customized loadout, (i.e. one not defined in the loadout file of the aircraft but rather created in the loadout editor before a mission)?

That's a good question...

FC

I don't think that's possible

perhaps only with a "year specific" loadout

something like this:

[strike_LGB_85]
Nation=FrenchNavy
StartDefaultDate=1985
DefaultFor=Strike
Loadout[01].WeaponType=AtlisII
Loadout[01].Quantity=1
Loadout[02].WeaponType=Tank_SUE_Gray
Loadout[02].Quantity=1
Loadout[03].WeaponType=Tank_SUE_Gray
Loadout[03].Quantity=1
Loadout[04].WeaponType=BGL400
Loadout[04].Quantity=1
Loadout[05].WeaponType=BGL400
Loadout[05].Quantity=1

There used to be a way you could do it with a Weapondata.ini/dat file. If you organized the racks from smaller capacity to bigger, the sim would use the first one that would meet all the parameters. But since we don't use weapondata.ini/dat files anymore...

FC

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but you could create a new weapon in the weaponsfolder from the rack that links to the according missile/bomb? This way you use it like any other weapon and don't have to care for the rack used. This is from

NATO-Fighters "AGM-65B_LAU-117_GAF.INI". Something like a 1-shot-Rocketpod (Yours would be 3-Shot then).

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=AGM-65B_LAU-117_GAF
FullName=AGM-65B on LAU-117 <-- name in loadout-menu
ModelName=LAU-117_GAF <-- the rack
Mass=53.000000
Diameter=0.500000
Length=2.2170000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000
AttachmentType=W_Germany
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=WGermany
StartYear=1972
EndYear=2040
Availability=3
BaseQuantity=54
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1972
ExportEndYear=2040
ExportAvailability=3
WeaponDataType=2
RailLaunched=FALSE
RocketTypeName=AGM-65B_GAF <-- the weapon used on the rack
NumRockets=1
ROF=1.000000
FireEffectName=
FireEffectTime=0.000000
FrontCoverNodeName=
RearCoverNodeName=
ShowRockets=TRUE
Rocket01Position=0.000000,0.000000,-0.055000

Huh, interesting.  But wouldn't you have the issue of the missile having no guidance since the game is technically treating it as an unguided rocket?  (Sorry if I missed something, I just got started messing around with mods for this a few days ago and still haven't worked my way through the nuts and bolts)

The method I used will let you select the proper rack and it doesn't have to be defined in the loadeout.ini, but I ran into problems with other weapons of the same type. And it gets worse if the rack or weapon type can be carried on multiple pylons.

Another workaround I was thinking of was simply redefining the Brimstone 3-pack as an ATR instead of a TLR.  The only way I could see this causing a problem would be if Brimstones aren't considered to be a weapon type compatible with ATRs.

EDIT:  Turns out that doesn't work since Brimstones are considered to be EOGRs by the game, and thus their associated rails are TLRs.  Oops.  Stock loadouts it is.  :P

(Sorry for the double post, wouldn't let me edit the previous one)

Edited by shomu1

Okay, I just tried this.

Go ahead, and use the TW Weapons Editor to open up your weapons folder. It will list all the weapons you have. Select the Brimstone rack and use the Up 10 button to move it to the top of the list.

Then hit the Save dat/ini button to create a weapondata.ini/dat file.

Try that and see if the Brimstone racks load properly when you select the Brimstone.

FC

Nope, still Maverick rails showing up.  I may have messed up something in the process of creating a dat/ini though.

Should I duplicate the Brimstone rack entry that shows up in the weapon editor and move that to the top?  Also should I rename it, or just leave it as weapondata.ini?

Edited by shomu1

No, you need to move the Brimstone 3 rack to the top. No duplicate needed. Also, besides the weapondata.ini, the weapondata.dat needs to be there.

FC

aren't those not used anymore (per se) in SF2? What with the individual, folderized weapons, with their own _data.ini inside?

You can depend on weapondata.ini /dat file still. It just need to be in Weapondata folder. Entry in own_data.ini must be same as in global weapondata.ini. This allows to put weapons in any order  in game (alphabetical/nonalphabetical by weight, year, type  etc.)

edit.

But thist still will not allow you using selected rack throu loadout menu. I think only loadout.ini file.

I had the same problem with BGM-71 and launchers.

Interesting thing is that this issue is not present in SF1 series.

Edited by yakarov79