Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Night vision googles mod?

I can remember a old post where someone added a green filter to the effects so night missions with NG googles can be simulated in SF. What I cannot remember is that If that mod was ever released or If it was for the first generation only. Anyone remember?

I believe it was Eric and Brain32 while working on the Super Hornets, who did that. If I recall, the filter ended up being there during day and night missions.

there was indeed mod that had the cockpit light set to green with range of over dozen of kilometers.

Also, my post process shaders pack had one -permanent sadly- implemented as optional version to choose and install

Yes I remember that it was permanent, maybe is possible to remake it as a JGSME mod and install for night missions and uninstall for daylight ones...

So far only thing I can do for now is fake nvg. It is just test pit.

To be honest it doesn't help at night :blind:

But you can on/off anytime without affecting anything.  Here by defalut Shift+1

post-85812-0-07842300-1426605732_thumb.jpg

post-85812-0-92380600-1426605743_thumb.jpg

Well in fact it helps a bit I think, at least I can see the plane on the second pic (is that a Connie?) and I cannot see it in first pic. Work on every pit or you need to create it for every airplane?

Unfortunately it's embedded to cockpit. Working on tga file to have better visual.

Yes it is Connie.

I believe it was Eric and Brain32 while working on the Super Hornets, who did that. If I recall, the filter ended up being there during day and night missions.

Yeah all I did was reconfigure the cockpit "lights" to be more around the cockpit (360 degrees if my tired mind serves me right) and activated automatically when it switched to the night cockpit.  Wasn't anything special but it helped as much as it could.

• Like 1

Yeah all I did was reconfigure the cockpit "lights" to be more around the cockpit (360 degrees if my tired mind serves me right) and activated automatically when it switched to the night cockpit.  Wasn't anything special but it helped as much as it could.

Sounds interesting, I will try it on your F/A-18E.

Cool, these should the correct values to get it working:

[CockpitSeat001]

LightInnerConeAngle=360
LightOuterConeAngle=360
LightAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
DiffuseLightFactor=0.5
NightLightOn=0.25
NightLightColor=0.0,1.0,0.0,0.7

Just paste that in the Cockpit.ini and go fly.