jeanba

Goering should not have been executed

On Januray first 1945, the Luftwaffe attacked allied airfields, operation Boldenplatte : It was a costly failure which hastened the elimination of the Luftwaffe

On June 5th 1967, The israeli air force destroyed on the ground the Arabian Forces during operation Moked, one of the most successfull operation of the air war history.

I wish the fat Goering had seen this : the jewish succeeding where the "superior german race" failed miserably !

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 2

Oh, I am sure the Devil give him regular screenings of Jewish War Stories in Hell...

Indeed, former nazis were in Egypt at this time and could see this.

On Januray first 1945, the Luftwaffe attacked allied airfields, operation Boldenplatte : It was a costly failure which hastened the elimination of the Luftwaffe

On June 5th 1967, The israeli air force destroyed on the ground the Arabian Forces during operation Moked, one of the most successfull operation of the air war history.

I wish the fat Goering had seen this : the jewish succeeding where the "superior german race" failed miserably !

No intention to be an apologist for Der Dicke or any of that bunch, but didn't the Luftwaffe achieve equally good results to the IDF, on 22 June 1941? Not sure any of the three operations are really comparable.

Actually, the comparison between Bodenplatte and Motke is quite interesting :

The objective in both case was to make a surpise attack to gain air superiority and compensate numerical inferiority.

Edit : at the start of Bararossa, the german had numerical superiority

The limit in both cases was that they destroyed planes but did not kill the pilots.

This was a strategical mistake for the German, as they exchanged what they did not have (pilots) against what the allied had in high number (planes).

For the Israeli this would be problematic for the attrition war and then the Yom Kippour war (though they finally gained the upper hand) and remember that they lost 10% of their pilots.

Also, a close examination of the air combats during the 6 days war demonstrate that the arab pilots who could fly (Jordanian obviously, but also some Egyptian pilots) were not "sitting ducks" and the real air combat ration was between 2 to 4 for 1 in favour of Israel. A good ratio, but given the initial arab numerical advantage of 3 to 1, winning Air superiority in the Air would have been far more touchy without the successfull airfield strikes.

Of course, Moked was brillantly executed and was rated as critcal to the 6 days war Israeli victory, while Boldenplatte was a failure if only because the battle of the Bulge was over.

On the other hand the comparison between Barbarossa and Moked is less telling, as it is likely that even if the air strikes had not been a success, the German would certainly have won the initial part of the Russian Campaign anyway (a possible comparison would be the campaign of France : it took 2 weeks for the Luftwaffe to destroy the french Air Force, but 3 days to the Wermacht to defeat the french army)

And most of all, it is more funny to compare Moked to Boldenplatte :)

Edited by jeanba

To change the subject slightly, I don't think he was executed. Didn't he commit suicide while in prison?

• Like 1

Reminds me of the old joke about Hitler in Hell having a leave on Earth for good conduct, and coming back completely disgusted: "Now the Germans are the traders and the Jews are the warriors!"

• Like 1

To change the subject slightly, I don't think he was executed. Didn't he commit suicide while in prison?

Yes, you are right, he committed suicide to avoid death