Wrench

Israel 2 rebuild quandry/questions...

As some of you may know, from some recent posts, that I'm rebuilding the old Israel 2 map to SF2 spec.

However, I've run into a couple of issues as to 'what should be targeted'...

Egypt

Alexandria -- should I add the 2nd airport (Borg El Arab)? Should the port be detailed? I've come across very little (read: no!) information of what part was played by Egyptian forces based there, all the way back to the 56 war. It's out of reach of 99.9% of all IAF aircraft.... 

I did retile Alex, a bit closer to reality.

Syria

Tripoli (port)

Latakia (port and refineries)

same goes with these 2.  I know about the naval battle of Latakia; that's problematic in this game.  (meaning nearly impossible to replicate).

However, adding some ships and support facilities to all the ports creates a new set of targets to be attacked. Again, no references in my books (real books!) or web searches has turned up much.

One major problem, is we lack almost ALL naval vessels as used by both sides (excepting the Komars either WBS or colmak updated)

Opinions and thoughts, please. I'm 99% done right now, but it'd be a simple matter to detail these regions, if enough feel it's necessary

thanks!

Tartus!!!

Hi Wrench,

in YKW the IAF flows several strategic attacks into Syria:

Kala´at Suri´ani Bridge(near Latakia), Mina El-Bida Military Post, Latakia Oil Terminal, El Kabir River Bridge, Latakia Wood Industry(in or near Latakia), Main Fuel Tanks in Tartus, El Abrash River Bridge & Rail, Arida Bridge and Rail Tracks,

Rastan Bridge , Homs Sugar Factory and Refineries, Qattniah Electric Power Plant, Kara Ammunition Storage, Kan Eyish Fuel Tanks. In or around Damascus Syrian Air Force HQ, El-Hama Electric Power Plant, Harasta Tanks recovering plant, Army

HQ & Defence office buildings, Babila Control Center

I hope this helps a little bit

Thomas

Source: The Israeli AF in the Yom Kippur War Facts and Figures by Ra´anan Weiss ISBN 9783935687997

that helps quite a bit!  Bridges may be "problematic", as there's no rivers placed. The "undulations" of the terrain may prohibit their inclusion.

I still have to build the Jordanian oil refinery complex at Zarqa, too

can anyone tell me when did Assad International AP, at Latakia opened??  nothing in my searches has turned up anything!!

TIA!

All I find for history etc is FEKKING weather for assad ap...jeez....I think it was opened in 80`s maybe 82 ish