Lahatut Over Israel SF2

'Lahatut' Hughes 500E/500MD TOW Defender Ver 2.0 for SF2

This is a third party add on of the Israeli version of Hughes 500 model helicopter using models and cockpits created by me.
The original flight model is standard as on many free to download helicopters.
I have just modified it a bit.
It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distrubuted unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
Bribes and donations are accepted;

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

Jarek Hereda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is second version of my previous Lahatut.
It is updated in lod, data.ini,skins,decals etc.
New decal sets covering all 36 numbers.
I have added also Lahatut 500E unarmed version.

Ive named both aircrat diferently than previous ones to avoid confusion.
Highly recomended to delete old one.

Do not mix old and new files...as it will not work well.

******************IMPORTANT******************

This addon works only with my WeaponPACK (included in rar file). All of weapon stations are made as specific station code and will work only with this weapon pack.

Animations.
LANDING GEAR - Nose light on/off at any speed. Don't forget to retract before shooting.

ANIMATION 8 - front left door (ext and cockpit view)

ANIMATION 9 - front right door (ext and cockpit view)

ANIMATION 10 - rear door. (disabled in _data.ini file)

ANIMATION 1 - If needed you can activate old XM70 sight to aim hydra rockets. In fact MD500 defender was offered for sale also with M27 Minigun and XM70 sight but I am not sure if IAF ever bought minigun subsystem.

Like in previously realased loaches here also you can realy fly low and slow. This helo got little more power due to higher weight compared to old OH-6A
I am sugesting to fly low on 40-50% of throttle. around 45degree vector control, use pulse rudder to control left right, it is realy easy. With little practice you can even hoover. Without fake flaps and airbrakes.
Important here is to control using rudder and vector thrust control.

Skins.
All numbers are historicaly correct and are based on available photos. But I am not sure if those numbers are 100% correct for specific unit.
Tayeset 160. First operational unit of Lahatut. It was used by 160Sq during first Lebanon War with AH-1S(mod)
Tayeset 161.
Tayeset 190. Formed in 1985 with aircrafts transfered from 160 and 161 sqns.
Flight School also aquired few aircrafts in mid 90s.

Weapons.
TOWs - BGM-71 A/B/C/D.
M260 7 tube rocket launcher with several different warheads.

Weapons are the same as in previous helicopter packs, so if you downloaded AH-1S(mod) no need to copy weapons.

Reference:
TM 9-1005-298-12 Operational Manual, Armament Subsytem, Helicopter, 7.62 Millimeter Machine Gun: High Rate, XM27E1 TM 55-1520-214-10 Operators Manual Helicopter Observation OH-6A
The McDonnell Douglas OH-6A Helicopter, Aero Series
OH-6A Cayuse in Detail, Wings & Wheels Publications.
MD Helicopters. MD500 Series manual.
iskyteam.com
sky-high.il
iaf.org.il
aeroflight.co.uk
aerialvisuals.ca
planepictures.net
and more.

• Like 8

Updated.

New fixed lods for two versions - unarmed 500E and TOW 500MD.

New skin sets and  totaly new decals set covering all 36 lahatuts.

some minor ini work.

Do not overwrite. Delete old aircraft and decal folders.

• Like 6

Many thanks Sir!!! :hi:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79
      Sikorsky S-65 C-3 Yasur model version Ver 2.0 for SF2
      July 2017
      September 2019 
      This is a third party addon of Sikorsky helicopter S-65 (and CH-53A).
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series. And will never work in SF1.
      Basic modding skils are required to run this mod (copy, paste, game folders structure, etc. Fake Pilot mod is needed to run this also. 
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      Jarek Hereda
      CHANGES:
      I highly recommend to overwrite previous files decals/weapons/guns- or best is delete the old one and put new files.
      YOU NEED TO DELETE OLD AIRCRAFT FOLDERSfrom previous Yasur pack.  Many things were changed and as tested Overwriting may cause some problems...So delete old ones put new ones.
      The rest (except Aircraft folders) are same can be overwritten without fear.
      Small changes in ini files, corrections on fuel loadout, changes in cockpit ini. 
      Small changes in skins. Also No longer fake weapon "no gun" is needed - thanks to The Trooper. He pointed small fix in data.ini.
      Added simple bump and specular maps. Also added damage tgas.
      Major changes in the cockpit - now it is much more correct. Although probably not everyone cares ore will see a difference. Anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is part that no one will read..but feels like I need to share this:

This mod represents Sikorsky S-65 C-3 models used by Israeli Air Force
      History of Yasur in Israel air Force is somehow complicated. I was trying to represent all sub-models that served until now. (except yasur2025)
      S-65 was an export version based on HH-53C model.

All serials are correct but not always represents specific units (although I've put a lot of effort to sort serials - and it's really hard as always in all Israeli serials from 60-80 period)
      I've split this pack into few sub-variants.
      Long story in short:
      Israel received the first batch S-65 C-3 in august 1970.(some sources give date 1969) already with two-digit numbers. Later re-serialed with added prefix 1 to numbers. This batch was called 'Series A'
      The second batch of Yasur helicopters was delivered in July 1971. 5 aircrafts with serials started with 2 (although for some time it carried prefix1) it's called 'Series B'.
      The third group consisted of 6 aircrafts were delivered between 1972-1973. Aircrafts received prefix 3 and were called 'Series C' also there were few differences in avionics and all 6 aircrafts were equipped with starlight nvg system.
      The fourth group was named 'Series D' and prefixed 4. Delivered after 1973 war. Eight helicopters from USMC surplus. The most prominent difference between S-65C-3 is an absence of refueling probe and auxiliary fuel tanks. Also different avionics and different armor plates in various points of the airframe. In the late 80s (probably) four of them were upgraded into late Yasur S-65 version called 'Series G' and serials prefixed 7,(aux fuel tanks and upgraded avionics).
      Other four remained unchanged to keep the ability to recover UAV (MARS method).
      Next fifth batch of 18(17) aircraft serials prefixed with 5 and 'called Series E' delivered somewhere in 1974-75 It was standard S-65C3 variant but with Titanium blades and again changes in avionics.
      Series six were two aircrafts purchased from Austria in May 1991. And prefixed 6. Right after delivery, it received all Yasur 2000 standard upgrades.
      Next and last batch of delivery is again USMC surplus CH-53A airframes delivered after Gulf War (April and September) 1991. Around 10 airworthy airframes. (Plus around 8 airframes in 1993 that were used as spare parts - not received serials nor designation) All aircraft were prefixed 8. And remain in service in standard USMC grey/black/green scheme, until some of them (seven) were designated for an upgrade to current Yasur standards.

In 1992 IAF started Yasur 2000 program. During this upgrades, each helicopter that underwent conversion serial number was changed. S-65C3 plus two ex-Austrians received prefix 0. All other helicopters that were still in service were upgraded to Yasur 2000 variant and received prefix 9. (those are airframes of old CH-53A without aux fuel tanks and refueling probe) Visible difference is an addition of support braces on fuel tanks pylons.
      In game aircrafts will appear with following years of service:

Yasur CH-53A Sea Stallion (1973-1992)
      Yasur S-65 C3 '69 (1969-1985)
      Yasur S-65 C3 '86 (1985-1992)
      Yasur 2000 (1993-2050)

FakePilot mod needed to run this mod. 
      As always.
      Standard commands:
      ANIMATION 1 - cargo ramp half open
      ANIMATION 2 - cabin windows
      ANIMATION 3 - wipers outside/inside
      ANIMATION 4 - refueling probe
      ANIMATION 5 - nvg on some models
      Hook - changes position when refueling to see the tip of the spear.
      rescue op:
      Open "bomb bay" doors - cargo ramp and right side hatch/door
      ANIMATION 8 - Open side doors, lower jungle penetrator
      ANIMATION 9 - deploy PJ
      ANIMATION 10 - lower/raise hoist.
      Animation 8, 9 and 10 have a speed limit. So you can't hoist on full speed.

With little practice, you can hoover. Without fake flaps and airbrakes.
      Important here to control is using rudder and vector thrust control.
      With heavy cargo load probably you need little run on A model as engines on A are little underpowered.
      Normally throttle vector control on 88-89 degree increase power 70% then slowly more and more, wait and it will take off.

Cockpits.
      new upgraded much more correct cockpits.
      Yasur 2000 pit is much more correct now.
      Few differences between models mostly in humps/bumps/sensors dispensers.
      Weapons.
      The only "offensive" weapon is left/right side gunner.
      Skins included covers several years of use in Israeli 3 color, first brown and late 80s light brown and unique USMC 3 clolor scheme.
      Pilots - best to use is OldDiego's pilots.
      Have fun.
      Edit your way.
      And report bugs.

Jarek Hereda.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.
      And thanks for all support.

NAVAIR 01-230HMA-1 Natops Flight Manual Navy Model CH-53D Aircraft. Naval Air Systems Command, March 2001.
      T.O. 1H-53©A-2-1 Technical Manual USAF HH-53 and CH-53 model.
      T.O. 1H-53(H)B-1 Flight Manual.
      H-53 Sea Stallion in Action Squadron/Signal Publications by C.M.Reed.
      helis.com
      amarcexperience.com
      aerialvisuals.ca
      abpic.co.uk
      planepictures.net
      dstorm.eu
      sky-high.co.il
      iskyteam.com
      iaf.org.il
      and more....
    • By yakarov79

View File Yasur Over Israel. SF2.
      Sikorsky S-65 C-3 Yasur model version Ver 2.0 for SF2
      July 2017
      September 2019 
      This is a third party addon of Sikorsky helicopter S-65 (and CH-53A).
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series. And will never work in SF1.
      Basic modding skils are required to run this mod (copy, paste, game folders structure, etc. Fake Pilot mod is needed to run this also. 
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      Jarek Hereda
      CHANGES:
      I highly recommend to overwrite previous files decals/weapons/guns- or best is delete the old one and put new files.
      YOU NEED TO DELETE OLD AIRCRAFT FOLDERSfrom previous Yasur pack.  Many things were changed and as tested Overwriting may cause some problems...So delete old ones put new ones.
      The rest (except Aircraft folders) are same can be overwritten without fear.
      Small changes in ini files, corrections on fuel loadout, changes in cockpit ini. 
      Small changes in skins. Also No longer fake weapon "no gun" is needed - thanks to The Trooper. He pointed small fix in data.ini.
      Added simple bump and specular maps. Also added damage tgas.
      Major changes in the cockpit - now it is much more correct. Although probably not everyone cares ore will see a difference. Anyway.

This is part that no one will read..but feels like I need to share this:

This mod represents Sikorsky S-65 C-3 models used by Israeli Air Force
      History of Yasur in Israel air Force is somehow complicated. I was trying to represent all sub-models that served until now. (except yasur2025)
      S-65 was an export version based on HH-53C model.

All serials are correct but not always represents specific units (although I've put a lot of effort to sort serials - and it's really hard as always in all Israeli serials from 60-80 period)
      I've split this pack into few sub-variants.
      Long story in short:
      Israel received the first batch S-65 C-3 in august 1970.(some sources give date 1969) already with two-digit numbers. Later re-serialed with added prefix 1 to numbers. This batch was called 'Series A'
      The second batch of Yasur helicopters was delivered in July 1971. 5 aircrafts with serials started with 2 (although for some time it carried prefix1) it's called 'Series B'.
      The third group consisted of 6 aircrafts were delivered between 1972-1973. Aircrafts received prefix 3 and were called 'Series C' also there were few differences in avionics and all 6 aircrafts were equipped with starlight nvg system.
      The fourth group was named 'Series D' and prefixed 4. Delivered after 1973 war. Eight helicopters from USMC surplus. The most prominent difference between S-65C-3 is an absence of refueling probe and auxiliary fuel tanks. Also different avionics and different armor plates in various points of the airframe. In the late 80s (probably) four of them were upgraded into late Yasur S-65 version called 'Series G' and serials prefixed 7,(aux fuel tanks and upgraded avionics).
      Other four remained unchanged to keep the ability to recover UAV (MARS method).
      Next fifth batch of 18(17) aircraft serials prefixed with 5 and 'called Series E' delivered somewhere in 1974-75 It was standard S-65C3 variant but with Titanium blades and again changes in avionics.
      Series six were two aircrafts purchased from Austria in May 1991. And prefixed 6. Right after delivery, it received all Yasur 2000 standard upgrades.
      Next and last batch of delivery is again USMC surplus CH-53A airframes delivered after Gulf War (April and September) 1991. Around 10 airworthy airframes. (Plus around 8 airframes in 1993 that were used as spare parts - not received serials nor designation) All aircraft were prefixed 8. And remain in service in standard USMC grey/black/green scheme, until some of them (seven) were designated for an upgrade to current Yasur standards.

In 1992 IAF started Yasur 2000 program. During this upgrades, each helicopter that underwent conversion serial number was changed. S-65C3 plus two ex-Austrians received prefix 0. All other helicopters that were still in service were upgraded to Yasur 2000 variant and received prefix 9. (those are airframes of old CH-53A without aux fuel tanks and refueling probe) Visible difference is an addition of support braces on fuel tanks pylons.
      In game aircrafts will appear with following years of service:

Yasur CH-53A Sea Stallion (1973-1992)
      Yasur S-65 C3 '69 (1969-1985)
      Yasur S-65 C3 '86 (1985-1992)
      Yasur 2000 (1993-2050)

FakePilot mod needed to run this mod. 
      As always.
      Standard commands:
      ANIMATION 1 - cargo ramp half open
      ANIMATION 2 - cabin windows
      ANIMATION 3 - wipers outside/inside
      ANIMATION 4 - refueling probe
      ANIMATION 5 - nvg on some models
      Hook - changes position when refueling to see the tip of the spear.
      rescue op:
      Open "bomb bay" doors - cargo ramp and right side hatch/door
      ANIMATION 8 - Open side doors, lower jungle penetrator
      ANIMATION 9 - deploy PJ
      ANIMATION 10 - lower/raise hoist.
      Animation 8, 9 and 10 have a speed limit. So you can't hoist on full speed.

With little practice, you can hoover. Without fake flaps and airbrakes.
      Important here to control is using rudder and vector thrust control.
      With heavy cargo load probably you need little run on A model as engines on A are little underpowered.
      Normally throttle vector control on 88-89 degree increase power 70% then slowly more and more, wait and it will take off.

Cockpits.
      new upgraded much more correct cockpits.
      Yasur 2000 pit is much more correct now.
      Few differences between models mostly in humps/bumps/sensors dispensers.
      Weapons.
      The only "offensive" weapon is left/right side gunner.
      Skins included covers several years of use in Israeli 3 color, first brown and late 80s light brown and unique USMC 3 clolor scheme.
      Pilots - best to use is OldDiego's pilots.
      Have fun.
      Edit your way.
      And report bugs.

Jarek Hereda.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.
      And thanks for all support.

NAVAIR 01-230HMA-1 Natops Flight Manual Navy Model CH-53D Aircraft. Naval Air Systems Command, March 2001.
      T.O. 1H-53©A-2-1 Technical Manual USAF HH-53 and CH-53 model.
      T.O. 1H-53(H)B-1 Flight Manual.
      H-53 Sea Stallion in Action Squadron/Signal Publications by C.M.Reed.
      helis.com
      amarcexperience.com
      aerialvisuals.ca
      abpic.co.uk
      planepictures.net
      dstorm.eu
      sky-high.co.il
      iskyteam.com
      iaf.org.il
      and more....
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 07/26/2017 Category Other  
    • By allenjb42

View File C-130J-30 Shimshon Israeli Air Force Skin
      Israel established 103 squadron in May 1948 to serve primarily as a transport unit. The squadron was initially composed of several DC-3 and DC-5 aircraft, and added three former US Navy Catalina aircraft in 1951. The Israeli Air Force merged 103 and 69 squadrons in 1954, at which time B-17 aircraft were part of the 103 squadron.

During the Sinai Campaign of October 1956, France loaned Israel ten C-47 aircraft, and Israel also acquired three N-2501IS Noratlas aircraft in 1955. Over the next ten years, 103 squadron added additional aircraft, some of which were subsequently transferred to other squadrons. The Six Day War of 1967 provided 103 squadron with another opportunity to act in its air support role, although one Noratlas aircraft was lost.

The squadron continued its air support operations during the Yom Kippur War, and it had received eight Hercules C-130H aircraft by 1976.

The first C-130J-30 entered service in the IAF on the 9th of April, 2014 and received the nickname Shimshon, Hebrew for Samson, in recognition of it's load carrying capacity and also as a counterpart to the English nickname Hercules.

From flightglobal.com:
      As of 2016, Israel is said to be close to starting negotiations linked to a planned deal to boost its fleet of Lockheed Martin C-130J tactical transports, sources in the nation have indicated.

Three of the airlifters – named "Samson" in Israeli service – are already in operational use at Nevatim air base. Another two will arrive this year under with a further example to follow later. The air force previously outlined a requirement to introduce additional examples on top of those six.

Meanwhile, the operational experience gained by the service in operating the new-generation Hercules since April 2014 will lead to an increase in the number of Israeli-developed systems integrated with its fleet. Most of the enhancements – designed to support the needs of the Israeli Defence Forces' depth command – are incorporated at Lockheed's Marietta final assembly site in Georgia, while other equipment is added in Israel.

----------
      Israeli Air Force 103 'Elephants' Squadron skin for Dels C-130J-30

Repaint of Dark Grey RAAF skin that came with the C-130J-30 mod

Installation
      ---------------------
      Just drop the contents of the file(Objects folder) to your mod folder and let it overwrite existing files.

Credits
      --------------
      With grateful thanks to:
      Dels: C-130J-30 model and skin
      Yakarov79: 103 Sqdn badge decals
      Wrench: Serial number decals
      TK: A great game
      CA: A great website, community and home to SF2

Allen "allenjb42" Burton
      Submitter allenjb42 Submitted 07/13/2016 Category C-130  
    • By ianh755

View File Vought F-118 Raider - Israeli Air Force Pack
      ************************ Israeli Air Force F-118 Pack for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 ************************

This pack contains several Israeli Air Force versions of the Vought Raider F-118 - created by Cocas (Daniel) - and it has been tested on a May '13 fully merged install of all 5 games. It requires SF2:Israel for the A/C serial numbers to show up on the tails, however, it will run without SF2:I but the tails will be blank.

***Aircraft can be found under "VOUGHT F-118" in the In-Game Menu***

History
      --------

In 1974 the USAF started the Light Weight Fighter competition for a new light combat Fighter to complement the F-15A Eagle and in this version of History the winner was..........The Vought F-118A Raider. The aircraft's low cost and advanced design meant that it was exported widely, with Israel in particular buying a sizeable amount and modifying them well beyond what the original designers had ever thought possible.

This pack is designed to roughly mirror the service history of the F-16C/D/I so the design of a Blk30 F-118 is fairly similar to that of a Blk30 F-16 for example.

Installation
      -------------

Unzip then copy and paste the Effects/Flight/Objects folders into your Mod folder, usually C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 **or whatever yours is called**.

AIRCRAFT
      ------------

Aircraft Specific Info -
      ----------------------

Single Seat -

Vought Raider F-118C 'Netz-A' ('87 - '94) - Initially designed as a fighter with a limited Air to Ground capability the IAF transformed it into a capable multi-role aircraft, able to dominate the airspace whilst improving the original designs limited Air to Ground capabilities.

Vought Raider F-118H 'Barak' ('95 - '30) - This upgrade saw everything from the engine to weapons to the avionics all upgraded, especially with the addition of Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT's) to allow the pylons to be fully loaded with the latest smart weapons instead of fuel tanks creating a true multi-role aircraft whilst still allowing it to retain a significant Air to Air capability should the need arise.

Two Seat -

Vought Raider F-118D 'Netz-B' ('87 - '94) - Originally designed as a trainer the IAF transformed it into a superb Strike & Wild Weasel aircraft. More importantly for the IAF, the 2nd crew member also turned it into a deadly CAS aircraft.

Vought Raider F-118I 'Barak II' ('95 - '04) - This upgrade saw everything from the engine to weapons to the avionics all upgraded, especially with the addition of Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT's) to allow the pylons to be fully loaded with the latest smart weapons instead of fuel tanks which, with it's 2nd crew member and advanced avionics, makes it ideal for the Wild Weasel role.

Vought Raider F-118M 'Sufa' ('05 - '30) - This massive upgrade once more saw everything uprated, from the engine to the weapons it can carry and, with this version, the avionics were all hugely upgraded, allowing it survive far behind any future enemy's lines, a mission for which it was especially designed. In addition to the CFT's fitted on the Barak II there was now a Spine Rack fitted to store all the extra Avionics required to make this the most advanced F-118 in Israel's inventory and possibly the deadliest aircraft in the Middle East.

OTHER INFO
      -----------

Issues -
      ------

Python Missiles & Fuselage Pylons - Due to the size of the rear fins on the Python Missiles then can sometimes touch the stores put on the inboard wing pylon.

MApping - The mapping is difficult around the nose with some skin stretching. The USAF Euro skin was really tricky, so much so that I wanted to punch a thousand cute kittens in their cute little faces by the end, after spending hours/days trying to get the edges to match up! So sadly some of it's not as good as I'd like but the PS templates are out to so hopefully you can improve on my skin.

Weapons - PLEASE download Ravenclaw007's weapons packs, they are truly fantastic and include many unique Israeli weapons which haven't been included in this pack.

*******If you find any issues or find that I've got something wrong please contact me on CombatAce - http://combatace.com/user/64030-ianh755/ *******************

THANKS
      --------

Cocas for creating the 3D model and then patiently modifying it every-time I asked for any/every crazy little thing!

Ravenclaw007 for creating the superb F-16 cockpits used here with his kind permission, the Ejection Seats and yet again the stunning weapons he makes and I continue to enjoy using.

RussoUK2004 for the use of his Hawk T1A models Damage DDS files which I used to create the damage DDS files for this pack.

Spillone104 for his Improved Afterburner Effects.

Old Diego (Diego Lozano) for the use of his F-16 Pilot.

*************************************************************************************
      Have fun and thanks for Downloading.............................................IanH
      *************************************************************************************
      Submitter ianh755 Submitted 12/08/2013 Category What If Hangar  
    • By yakarov79
      'Lahatut' Hughes 500E/500MD TOW Defender Ver 2.0 for SF2

This is a third party add on of the Israeli version of Hughes 500 model helicopter using models and cockpits created by me.
      The original flight model is standard as on many free to download helicopters.
      I have just modified it a bit.
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distrubuted unless permissions are granted by myself.
      Any persons wishing to make further modfications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modfications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.

Jarek Hereda

This is second version of my previous Lahatut.
      It is updated in lod, data.ini,skins,decals etc.
      New decal sets covering all 36 numbers.
      I have added also Lahatut 500E unarmed version.

Ive named both aircrat diferently than previous ones to avoid confusion.
      Highly recomended to delete old one.

Do not mix old and new files...as it will not work well.

This addon works only with my WeaponPACK (included in rar file). All of weapon stations are made as specific station code and will work only with this weapon pack.

Animations.
      LANDING GEAR - Nose light on/off at any speed. Don't forget to retract before shooting.

ANIMATION 8 - front left door (ext and cockpit view)

ANIMATION 9 - front right door (ext and cockpit view)

ANIMATION 10 - rear door. (disabled in _data.ini file)

ANIMATION 1 - If needed you can activate old XM70 sight to aim hydra rockets. In fact MD500 defender was offered for sale also with M27 Minigun and XM70 sight but I am not sure if IAF ever bought minigun subsystem.

Like in previously realased loaches here also you can realy fly low and slow. This helo got little more power due to higher weight compared to old OH-6A
      I am sugesting to fly low on 40-50% of throttle. around 45degree vector control, use pulse rudder to control left right, it is realy easy. With little practice you can even hoover. Without fake flaps and airbrakes.
      Important here is to control using rudder and vector thrust control.

Skins.
      All numbers are historicaly correct and are based on available photos. But I am not sure if those numbers are 100% correct for specific unit.
      Tayeset 160. First operational unit of Lahatut. It was used by 160Sq during first Lebanon War with AH-1S(mod)
      Tayeset 161.
      Tayeset 190. Formed in 1985 with aircrafts transfered from 160 and 161 sqns.
      Flight School also aquired few aircrafts in mid 90s.

Weapons.
      TOWs - BGM-71 A/B/C/D.
      M260 7 tube rocket launcher with several different warheads.

Weapons are the same as in previous helicopter packs, so if you downloaded AH-1S(mod) no need to copy weapons.

Reference:
      TM 9-1005-298-12 Operational Manual, Armament Subsytem, Helicopter, 7.62 Millimeter Machine Gun: High Rate, XM27E1 TM 55-1520-214-10 Operators Manual Helicopter Observation OH-6A
      The McDonnell Douglas OH-6A Helicopter, Aero Series
      OH-6A Cayuse in Detail, Wings & Wheels Publications.
      MD Helicopters. MD500 Series manual.
      iskyteam.com
      sky-high.il
      iaf.org.il
      aeroflight.co.uk
      aerialvisuals.ca
      planepictures.net
      and more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..