Hi all,

just curious, want to change the color of the HUD.  In Avionics under the HUD color it has 4 values, RGB colors are only 3.  Can you tell me what each value stands for. I have been experimenting.

iirc, the color codes called out are "hexidecimal'; somewhere on the net there's a hex to rgb converter. (also used for the aircraft exterior lighting)

also, iirc, aren't the hud tgas standard rgb? and therefore, easily repainted? (in the r/g/b channels)

They are rbg but seems there is another field.  Cant quite figure out what the other field is.  I have done some editing and got what i want just cant figure out what that 4th field is.

CMYK colors use four values, the last value is the % of Black. Dose the color get darker if you increase forth value?

It's an RGBA color code. The 4th value is the alpha channel. The value ranges from 0.0 (full transparency) to 1.0 (full opacity).

Thanks a lot everyone it was, as usual, great feedback