JungleThing

Rafale already with the colors of the Egyptian Air Force

http://www.defens-aero.com/2015/07/les-premieres-photos-des-rafale-de-la-force-aerienne-egyptienne.html

"The first Egyptian's Rafale pilots are going through flight training in Istres air base.
Egypt will receive within ten days its first Dassault Rafale. These two photographs were taken near the base, while the nozzles were in the final approach, just before landing."

• Like 1

didn't know they were getting the Rafale.. thanks for the info

I'm sure I remember going up against Egyptian Rafales in the old Janes Fighters Anthology games at least 20 years ago!

• Like 1

didn't know they were getting the Rafale.. thanks for the info

That was the big deal in France in February :

The french governement were very happy to export the plane.

The former governement was jealous because they had announced that they would export the Rafale and they always failed

Some people are unhappy because "we sell planes to a dictator supported by people who also support Islamists"

(of course, if those people were in the governement, they would not say this)

The French Air Force is not very happy because the planes sold to Egypt are taken out of the French production line => delivery delays

Edit : and also because the training of the Egyptian pilots is straining the workload of Rafale units, already heavily committed elsewhere

Welcome to french politics

Edit : anyway, I am happy because this deal gives some work to a lot of my friends

I'm sure I remember going up against Egyptian Rafales in the old Janes Fighters Anthology games at least 20 years ago!

Yes, I did this too

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

The first three Egyptian Rafales should be delivered today to their Egyptian pilots.

They will be conveyed to Egypt for the inauguration of the "New" Suez Canal