Sign in to follow this  
Z09SS

Squadron Markings By Year

I managed to do this once, now I can't remember how and the search box is teh suxxor.

At one time changing the year would change the markings and skin for a given squadron once I installed the F-14 Alt and low viz pack.

Now it's stuck with a single set of markings per squadron.

For example VF-142 only has the yellow-nose skin with the yellow AE tail code USS America marking regardless of year.

19750507642_6683706859_b.jpg

Sometime in late '78 they changed to this paint job...

13857236824_d5b4a3820b_b.jpg

Then in April 1982 they changed to this when they moved from America to Eisenhower.

19763519221_7fbfb5dc8a_b.jpg

Those are all screenshots from my machine at various times...  I've got the files here some place, I need help identifying them and getting them to turn one when wanted.

Thanks in advance.

There also used to be three different schemes for VF-41...  

It´s a line in the textureset.ini

StartDefaultDate=XXXX

if you add for the xxx 1969 the skin will appear from 1.1.1969

but you can do it also by exact day and month. But i can´t remember the format the date hast to be written in the line... 

Edited by 7eleven

I seem to have figured it out.

Something must have been corrupted in the NA mod folder.  Copying over from the Israel section cured the stuck on the pre-78 markings.

The seem to be tied to the skin not the year.  The 78-82 markings show with Gull Gray 1, Gull Gray Black Top 1 and Gull Gray Black Nose 1.  The post '82 markings show up without the AG on the inside of the tails with Gull Gray 2, Gray Overall Tan Nose, Gull Gray Black Top 2 and Gull Gray Black Nose 2.  All other skins give the pre 78 markings.

19772093351_f5612faf41_b.jpg

Now if I could figure out where that AG went...

The decals are specific to the skins, as without serious modification of the squadrons.ini the squadron markings cannot be differentiated.

For whichever skin is in question, go look at the decals.ini. The component you are looking at will give you the decal format name. Look in the squadron.ini to find the number of the squadron on the list and that will give you the specific decal you are looking for.

VF-142 used the scheme with the Ghostrider imposed over the tail code AE for their final deployment on USS America. Next cruise they were with CVW-7 and on the Eisenhower.

Best bet if you've messed up a mod, redownload it and reinstall.

Edited by Swordsman422
  • Like 1

but you can do it also by exact day and month. But i can´t remember the format the date hast to be written in the line... 

StartDefaultDate=Day/Month//Year

• Like 1

StartDefaultDate=Day/Month//Year

Maybe be StartDefaultDate=Month/Day/Year  

I edited some campaigns and the date type is there

Edited by Hans Topp
  • Like 1

what i did in the F-4N pack (and upcoming S pack) is a universal skin per aircraft year (ie TPS for F-4S_84). then inside each units skin folder i only have the decal, numberlist, and textureset inis. as said above different units get different skins based on when skin changed (ie VF-301_82, _84 etc).  final part of the trick was that the decal folder was simply broken by year for unit markings and numbers for Modex and Buno (white, black, grey, shadowed etc) takes time to set up initially but allows a viable all users pack to be created and used. or even an all years for one specific unit.  also for any special skins within an aircraft year (like the 75th anniversary schemes during the time of TPS) the special skin can still be dropped into the particular skin and all others will reference the universal