Sign in to follow this  
mohand777

I cant Add ships In game

I do not know how to add ships and aircraft carriers to the game . Do me one can explain to me how? I have sf2na

I think that the problem here is a language barrier, and I don't know if the problem is that he can't install the ships or if he is unable to see them when ingame.

Give me a few minutes and I will get you some illustrated directions.   

• Like 1

I am going to use WhiteBoySamurai's "Ticonderoga class superpack" as an example is this description. 

In SF2 ships go in the given game's Mod folder, on a Windows 7 system it s located at "C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\ThirdWire".

I your case of SF2:NA you will want the select the "StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic" folder.

Note: My SF2:NA folder is heavily modified so it will look different from yours.

post-56847-0-63828900-1439659888_thumb.jpg

Things included in the mod like effects, RWR_xxx.tga files, and sounds will go in the Effects, Flight, and Sounds folders respectively. The bulk of most files related to ships will go in the Objects folder. You may need to create New Folders and name them Effects, Flight, and Sounds if you do not already have them in your SF2:NA folder. In the case of the Ticonderoga class superpack for example it includes "Flight", "Objects",and "Sounds" folders. 

post-56847-0-81189800-1439659987_thumb.jpg

If you have not installed any mods yet then your Objects folder will likely only have an "Aircraft" and a "GroundObject" folder in it. Simply create three New Folders inside the Objects folder and name them Decals, Guns, and Weapons. Once this is done place the decals, guns, and weapons(aka the missiles & torpedoes included for the ship) into their respective folders. Then place the ship itself into the GroundObject folder. In the case of the Ticonderoga class superpack its Objects folder contains "Decals", "Guns", "GroundObject", and "Weapons" folders.

post-56847-0-98978200-1439660001_thumb.jpg

The folder for the ship you installed should appear inside the GroundObject folder like in the image below. Here you can see the CG-47, CG-52, CG-52_06, CG-52_12, CG-52LA, CG-59, CG-59LA folders from the "Ticonderoga class superpack" inside the GroundObject folder.

post-56847-0-89817500-1439660014_thumb.jpg

The folders from the mods Decals, Guns, and Weapons folders will be similarly arranged within their respective folders inside the SF2:NA Objects folder.

I have attached a 7zip file below with Before and After pictures of the Mods folder of a fresh SF2:NA with before and after images of the Ticonderoga class superpack's installation.

SF2NA Before & After TCSP Installed.7z

Note:If you do not have the Mission editor you may want to get it so that you can build custom mission that you will see the ships in.  

so,,what ship were you wanting to put in.???

Fremm

But I did all of this with Fremme and some other Ships but do not appear on the map

I only been back in strike fighters for a couple of weeks,, been a IL-2 junkie for years been involved with modding there,,my best guess it would be in sfp-2 downloads/utilities ,no telling if it works,, got to sign off lightning

Where I can Find Mission Editor ?

The Mission Editor is included with the SF2 Expansion Pack 2 for SF2:Europe or purchased separately via the ThirdWire DLC Store.

I have attached a test mission set in SF2:NA with what should be all stock units except for adding one FREMM into the mission. Place it into you SF2:NA Missions folder and see if it works in Single Mission.

FREMM Test Mission.7z

the Expansion 2 module exe is 421,301 kb, and is on sale at the 3rd Wire site for $14.99 (USD)

Didn't you (OP) ask this very same question ("I can't add ships") a few weeks ago? And didn't we answer it??