Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

need some expert advice with adding missiles to AAA guns

I'm not sure if this is something that can be done but I am trying to add some crew figures to existing AAA vehicles. Ive added them as misiles and they show but the problem I'm having is I can't figure out a way to have the figure pivot side to side with the gun without elevating with it. Any experts have any tips or know if I'm trying the imposible?

post-5105-0-36251200-1444868091_thumb.jpg

Can you send me the file for the object? I think I have an idea.

for animation, the figures have to be built into the LOD in MAX, then exported.

I'm actually surprised you CAN add anything to a ground object!!

the funny thing is I don't want it animated. I added it as a missile. the issue is the guy rotates and elevates with the gun. the rotating is cool but the elevation ruins it. if I could even just get no movement I'd be a happy camper and just add the guy in the drivers seat. that lack of crews on the FE/SF AAA guns and the FE trucks is a huge I\immersion killer for me.

Since you added it as a missile, would the Max/MaxPitch or Max/MinYaw have anything to do with it? They're both under [Weapon System]

i will have to check

edit. I tried but that stops the gun from moving too. it will allow me to add drivers to the trucks at least. Well that is if the missile codes are still alive in FE ;)

Edited by whiteknight06604

If its an older and esp a non US system, i thought the gunner moved with the gun any how. In that case just need a proper seat for him

it's a WWI type looks like the seat is fixed. but this was more a proof of concept to see if it could be done. if so it might be far easier to get a modder to make a few generic crew men than to make awhole new AAA unit. It does seem to work in FE with less issues than in SF. in FE the movement of the seated crewman is far less than in SF for some reason. looks like lots more testing to do here.

Can you add the gunner as a separate weapons system aligned to the same detection system as the actual gun?

I'm looking at a couple ground objects that have multiple guns, like the AAV with Marines and they're all hooked up to the same weapon system. Oddly though, the [Weapon System] entry on a couple ships I've looked at is empty. I'm gonna do more digging there, because maybe that's where we can find what you're looking for. I'd like to find a solution to this as well, because I agree, in 2015 it is a bit of an immersion killer. That and I want to finally try and be a little helpful in the community.

• Like 1