Snailman

Give blood!

While shopping I bumped into a blood donation event supported by local stores in the shopping center...  Perfect timing of a reminder.  They gave presents like free meal, free car washing, cosmetics etc etc... I gave em to a homeless guy as I don't eat fast food.

Btw, fancy hand "ball" squeeze item :biggrin:

post-81039-0-99750300-1446849411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 4

Damn that's a big ass needle.

How ironic I gave blood today also.  Can't tell you all how important this is. I know it's a hassle that eats up a half hour or so but donations are down nationwide.  I want a vet to know if he needs blood he can have mine.  They gave their blood for me it's the least I can do.  Enjoying your freedom?  Thank a veteran.

E

• Like 4

I tried donating blood before I went to my trips, they wouldn't take cause I was in Africa (they wait for a year) ^_^

next time they come to work or I see a donation van near by :)

I did not know donations were down across the nation. But I hope this gives some of you some peace of mind. There are technologies out there which are improving each day that are replacing the need for blood transfusions (for certain procedures and situations). These technologies are quickly gaining some traction because they are healthier and provide a speedier recovery when compared to the transfusion. I'm not saying don't give blood. I just thought some of you might find that interesting. And could perhaps have a peace of mind knowing that while donations are down there is tech out there that can get the job done. It's a good thing that people take some time to help other people out and I admire that. And not simply helping out just to say they did but helping people out because they want to.

I still stand by my earlier statement in saying that's a big freaking needle.

How ironic I gave blood today also.  Can't tell you all how important this is. I know it's a hassle that eats up a half hour or so but donations are down nationwide.  I want a vet to know if he needs blood he can have mine.  They gave their blood for me it's the least I can do.  Enjoying your freedom?  Thank a veteran.

E

If only we had veterans...  I would give my last drop of blood for them. But they were humiliated, hanged, taken to gulag or just died forgotten and poor in exile decades ago. Even their memories are being dirtied and desecrated...

If I could tell one of them, thank you for trying to stop the unstoppable...

... forgive me for being weak and coward to follow your example

Powerful words there.

Speaking of being forgotten ... never mind I'll start another thread for that.