Erik

Mirror Server Update

The files mirror server ate a drive over the weekend and will be offline until one arrives to replace it.  After 2 long years of pounding away day in and day out we have to say goodbye to our dearly departed friend. Never again will I buy Seagate crap I'll stick with Western Digital. Had some WD drives that are 20 years old and still going strong. What a waste of good platters.

20151215_113306.jpg

20151215_113348.jpg

*moment of silence is observed*

• Like 1

may it rest in piece

• Like 1

Only the good die young? EH 

Rust in Peace

I agree with WD. I have a very evil WD Black in my server... :biggrin:  :biggrin:   although it has 3-4 visitors a day besides me

• Like 1

I've used Seagate HDDs on all my PCs going back to the first Medalist 20 mb  that I had on my first PC, back in 1985, That is, until about 7 years ago, when my 3 - 6 month old 500 GB Barracudas started experiencing major data-loss issues (I went through four of them in three years).  

Today, I find that even the entry-level WD Blue drives are much more robust and have faster read/write times than more expensive and supposedly faster Barracudas.

But as I was discussing with Wrench yesterday evening, back in the late 90s, WD had a spate of issues with their 4.3 and 6.4 GB drives.

• Like 1

New drive is in and ready to rock 'n roll.  I'll start the process to mirror our files shortly and before too long (22 days or so) it should have a complete copy of everything here. The links to the mirror will automatically restore on each file as it's duplicated on the mirror.

All systems up and running.

E

• Like 3