Sign in to follow this  
geg

Uploading problem...

Trying to upload a skin for download, and when I hit submit...it takes 2 seconds befor egoing to a page saying 'page cannot be found'.

Retried, same thing. Thought it might be a Firefox problem. Tried with IE. Same problem.

:(

Though I saw an option somewhere for paid subscription? Do I need paid subscription to upload? Which makes sense, due to bandwith costs and all that.

Okay uploaded to my old webspace which is short of room and did that instead of the browse & upload option. So hmm...

Though I saw an option somewhere for paid subscription? Do I need paid subscription to upload? Which makes sense, due to bandwith costs and all that.

It sounds like you were able to upload it? And, nope...no paid subscription here..for you it's all free.

Fates

Hey fates. Just got the confirmation, thanks :)

I uplaoded it first to some webspace, then uploaded here from the 'link' option, and not from my computer. When i try to upload from my computer it gives me a page not found error...

Just tried downloading it and it does go from my webspace...which is going to be shutdown soon :shok::wacko::help::search:

I just tried to edit it & upload from here - no go.

I'm not sure what was going on....but I deleted the upload.

I then downloaded off your site...and re-uploaded to this server via normal "via forum" method. Everything is up and ready, and the file is now hosted here. Thanks geg!

<C>

Fates

that's Master to you :biggrin:

Okay this morning I uploaded an A-4 skin and it worked. Uplaoded for my computer. Tried uploading another file, but no go. Just uplaoded some loading screens via my webspace so if someone could download and upload it for me after it's accepted (if it is) or something I'd be very grateful.

Hi;

Sounds possibly like your machine is timing out with ours. I'll take a look and see if there's anything noticeable. Thanks for the news.

Erik

Hi all!

I'm having a similar problem to Geg.

I've tried uploading a 3+ Meg skin from my computer, but although it seems to upload, it freezes before it gets onto the page saying uploaded succesfully.

I'm on dial-up, so it takes 10-15 minutes max to upload/download anything.

Could the upload be timing out?

I've checked the my files section and it's registered all the times I've tried uploading, but the files aren't there. :huh:

Any help or advice would be appreciated! :cool:

Mike. :)

They uploaded and I just approved and d/l'ed them myself.

Thanks BUFF! :biggrin:

It must be my sloooowwwww computer that's the problem then!

Yep. 1409 is the same as 1411, so I've deleted that one myself

It was an earlier version, so I tried uploading with a shorter name to see if that made any difference.

Also I got a message when I logged in saying that the RRAF Canberra file submission was denied? I take it that was because the link I supplied didn't work?

Anyway I've deleted the link myself, so that should cure that!

This is all new to me, so I guess I'll be bumbling about for a wee while yet!!!

Mike. :cool:

Edited by Mike1

What excactly was gegs problem cuz i tried to upload a file later today and the same thing he described happend to me.