Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

Default throttle settings

Well, I seem to have run into a new and interesting issue, for some reason, when ever I now start a mission, in any Aircraft or type of mission, for some reason, the throttle seems to be set at 50% by default, so, 2 questions, 1, where do I find the reason for this, and 2, how do I stop it, as it is rather annoying, as some aircraft have crappy brakes and start to roll as soon as the mission starts, which I don't desire to happen at all, also, is there a way to start with the engine off , so a physical start of the engines is required........Thoughts are muchly appreciated.......oh I have desert 4 installed, also sarcasm 1.5 , and cumulative effects , dunno if this will have any bearing on the issue, however I must point out that yesterday, all day, the problem wasn't occurring except with the A-team Hornets

Signed you local and mostly friendly confused one.

And now, its stopped happening .......Arrrgh....I hate intermittent problems......however, I would still like to know where to look and see what may be causing this issue, also setting the engines to default off, at mission start

at mission start, the throttle percentage is set by where YOU have your throttle at on you controller.

make sure it a 0 before clicking the "Fly" button.

Throttle is always set at zero, so that certainly isn't the problem, also as the problem seems to be at random, my physical throttle setting aint the issue here at all, its a very odd phenomenon, to be sure, I have checked the setup of my X52 and that doesn't seem to be the issue either, so maybe I shall just have to live with it, as if it were a common problem you guys would have known about it already....oh well....lol

Throttle is always set at zero, so that certainly isn't the problem, also as the problem seems to be at random, my physical throttle setting aint the issue here at all, its a very odd phenomenon, to be sure, I have checked the setup of my X52 and that doesn't seem to be the issue either, so maybe I shall just have to live with it, as if it were a common problem you guys would have known about it already....oh well....lol

my startup throttle is always at 67%. unlike you i'd like to have it on 100% :p I think it is indeed related to the throttle/joystick, as once i recalibrated my throttle and it actually did default to 100.

but yes just not bothered enough to find out why!....

The issue is my throttle is set at zero, but the flight seems to want to start at 50% ( randomly) so if I flick the engine off then back on, the throttle then shows as zero......so my mapping isn't the problem, there is obviously some conflict somewhere that causes this to happen, like I say its random, so the workaround is just to flick the engines off as soon as the flight starts. which isn't really too much of a problem really, its just a niggly issue which is playing havoc with my OCD lol lol lol. The issue seemed to start after I installed the A team Hornets......and NO !! I aint uninstalling 'em, before ya tell me to lol

Edited by trotski00

I also start with 50% power, but when I press a random button on my controller/Joystick it drops to 0%.

Could be the exe is not made to detect throttle position at mission start, once you do something there's input signal from the controller and it changes.

I've had other flight sims do/don't do the same thing.

I solved the problem by re installing my Stick, the issue was with drivers it would appear, mind you the whole thing had gone barmy, as I lost all cockpit sounds too, tried everything to get 'em back , but something was telling SF to ignore the Soundlist ini too, so uninstalled the lot, searched the pc aggressively for any floating files, ccleaned, adawared,  spybotted, and hard reset the system, reinstalled it all and bobs yer  Mothers Brother, everything shiny and new, and works spiffing. ~~~~I guess sometimes drastic measures are the best ones.