EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtTF9sbEwtWU53ZUk/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack RC25
- Fixed various AH-96 versions, now shows up properly in the appropriate positions in the Eden Editor, as well as Zeus.
- Faction specific AH-96s now have the appropriate skin when spawned in or placed via Eden or Zeus
- Adjusted various geometries to make the skin names (MARINES, UNITED STATES ARMY) look better on the external textures.
- Cleaned up more textures and reduced some texture requirements.
- Fixed various selections and tweaked some geometries, adding some detail in various places.
- Removed some unused files, reducing filesize somewhat.
- Improved glass geometries using the UH-80 textures in lieu of the old A2 textures, improving the look of various helicopters
- Removed old sounds for the XX-92s, now uses the stock Ghost Hawk sounds
- Thanks to Lord Jarhead, the H-60s now use the JSRS Ghost Hawk sounds for rotors. Visit his site here: http://jsrs-studios.com/dlindex.php
- Tweaked the Cherokee Container textures as well as improved details somewhat
- Added a Medic Container, holds 200 First Aid Kits as well as 20 Medkits, and heals the wounded as well.
- Retextured M230 armed helos (all versions)
- Repair Container has a proper texture (still non-functional other than carrying Tookits)
- Fixed UH-60M control sticks, now moves appropriately
- Adjusted Pilot position on the AH-96, now sits correctly with the legacy AH-1Z
- AH-96 pilot has control over the gun and DARs.
- UH-92 Cherokee (PMC) changed to UH-92 Cherokee (RWG), to reflect factional alliance, classname is the same.
- Added a fictional "SEC-FOR" skin, to represent the Avatar universe for the AH-96. It is only selectabl with the NATO version of that vehicle.
- Tweaked textures
- H-60Ms (all versions) now have a Compass MFD back (as per the old A2 version) with newer geometries.
- Added a "NATO" UH-92, the main difference being that the HMD is in metric, and not in Imperial. Otherwise colored differently and has a basic desert scheme as well.
- Removed color specific S-94s given the new Appearance filter for the various factions. Mission makers will have to simply place an S-94 or Utility version and select the color appropriately.
- UH/MH-92 Gunner FLIR is OFF when starting engine, it can be turned on ahd off normally
- Requires Game version 1.64
- Added a generic "Desert" scheme, usable for the NATO faction as well as a Black scheme
- Removed the rescue hoist from non-US Navy UH-60Ms

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3Umtb3VCZWxQd3Y3dFU/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC18
- Added a "Sniper" unit type. Again is unarmed
- Fixed the respawn vest of the generic config entries, now when respawning has the same vest (if still used).

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtLW5fdmpaVTFBSHc/view?usp=sharing

Taliban Fighters RC19
- Disabled glasses from all units (Taliban, civilian)
- Removed BIS Vest
- Removed RGOs

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download LInk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtVUVkYmx3QTZKak0/view?usp=sharing

Taliban Fighters RC20

- Fixed config entries

Okay looking at Mondayish:

AH-1Z

- I know a lot of people have been asking for it and can see about porting it, which may lose some functionalityy (folding rotros, etc.) but at least will fly and shoot things.

UH-60 pack:

- TF160 pilots and new Crew Member units will have ERCO (Black)s instead of the ARCO, and yes weapon classname will change, sorry about that.

- RDA SECFOR skin for the UH-60/92 is already done, just have to post some screenshots tomorrow.

- Planning on a Black River PMC Crew Member unit as well.

- Maybe some Offroad reskins or such for the Raven and Black River PMC units as far as repair and logistical vehicles

- I tried to inherit from the Helo DLC Huron Repair to get that functional

- Pondering on removing the AH-6 and MH-6 in lieu of the MELB by Diesel on that front.. I never liked them anyway but threw them in, if there's no interest I can remove them if milsim units already use the MELB then I may remove it.

- Few more skins as well as per above, Again a Tanoa specific one isn't necessary since the NATO color is good enough for government work. A dark grey and a black scheme for the NATO UH-92 or even Raven PMC version (though the RWG version is pretty specific, though looking for ideas on another PMC version, who knows

- One of these days get around to the HH-92, and AFSOC UH-92 or something like that, we'll see.

Weapons pack:

- Mainly Black River PMC unit buildups and other tweaks I found so far.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtM2VpbHF5OWtSZWM/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack RC25.5
- Changed the 160th HK416 optic, removing the ARCO- and replacing it with an ERCO (Black). Note this affects ONLY the ones stored in the helicopters, and not the generic classname
- Tweaked the Multicam uniform for the 160th pilot uniforms
- Added a 160th Crew Member unit type
- Improved Hellfire performance as well as Rattler performance for 1.64
- Fixed the launch points for the MH-60M (DAGR/Hellfire), DAGRs now fire correctly from their respective positions
- Added a requested "SEC-FOR" (Avatar RDA PMC portion) skin for the UH-92 (NATO) as well as setup for the UH-60M (NATO) as well.

For right now the Mcam uniform looks like shit, and I need to work more on that, so it's "as is" for now given that the Hellfires were more of a priority in fixing than a camo uniform.

Edited by EricJ

Preview images (now not...) for "RC26" (now currently RC25.5):

wip1834.jpg

wip1835.jpg

wip1836.jpg

wip1837.jpg

wip1839.jpg

And an RDA SECFOR skin for the Helo Skins pack:

wip1838.jpg

It should be stressed that anything more Avatar related (such as a mod) is out of the question, given that James Cameron would more than likely shut me down, I just have the BIS temps available and having some fun with the color scheme right now.

Starting it anyway:

wip1840.jpg

This is going to be a simple standalone mod, no other mods required for it other than the game itself.

As far as the UH-60 pack is concerned:

- Making some variations of the Prowler, a Repair and a Medevac versions, setup for the 160th as light, liftable assets for forward deployed bases and the like per some suggestions and help from a couple SMEs, so those will be added in the next version. Since there are no templates available they'll look like the Prowler (Unarmed) version only. It's just for now a ad hoc way of doing some light assets for the unit at least in the Armaverse anyway.

- The Black River PMC UH-60M will get some tweaking to fit a more PMC setup as opposed to a "stock" UH-60M. Some FFV spots like the MH-60L/M and MH-92 versions as well as removing some of the dust filters for aesthetic purposes.

I need to also get the Containers as a separate addon soon as well. I've mentioned that too and need to do that.

EricJ Containers (standalone):

Okay Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=776690780

Readme: http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Doc/EJContainersReadme.pdf

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtY2s4MFhzZEZlY0k/view?usp=sharing

EricJ Containers RC1

- First Release

Okay got the Ah-1Z Plus working so far, need to work on a few things to get the FM working i.e. actually flying as I got the rotors more or less animating properly now which is good :)

Took a spin in Diesel's/SykoCrazy's Littebirds and going to remove the "AH-6" and "MH-6"'s from the UH-60 mod for sure after a short spin I was impressed so yeah those BIS renamed helos are gone fo sure.

And a first flight video:

I'm going to need some testers to check out the FM though just to get it right. So far it flies, which is good.

And weaponized:

wip1841.jpg

And the ASRAAMs showed up for work finally:

wip1842.jpg

And the general layout for the Black River PMC version of the Blackhawk:

wip1843.jpg

Once I get the FFV positions decently placed I'll show some general pics of that.

And a basic video showing the now set positions: I'm going to have to tweak the code to be more restrictve though but otherwise works:

Some things I've worked on:

- Squad Leader monitor (for lack of a better term) on the MH-92 only so far. Right now it's simply mimicking (same geometry as the Co-Pilot MFD) what the Co-Pilot sees in the MH-92. So far it works but again still WIP (and no UAV feed, sorry).

- Tweaked FFV positions on the respective aircraft that has the same setup (MH-60L/M, MH-60S (Insertion), MH-92 (Insertion and Assault). The Black River PMC and Raven PMC helos will get tweaked as well.

Here's a video showing (an earlier build as it's a bit more tweaked at least for the SL monitor):

Also if you need to battlefield recover the AH-1Z:

wip1845.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtUmIxdUxJR3VEaEU/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Heloskins RC6

- Added a fictional "SEC-FOR" (From Avatar) skin for the CH-67

After dealing with some trolls at 219th CMMC... on the 173rd server... Anyway some stuff in the works:

AH-1Z:

Ah-1Z tester feedback has been positive, with them running some drills and coming back happy so that's good. Still working on confirming if the USMC still uses the sidewinder rails, if not they'll be removed as the rails are a pain but so far things are working as they should, if so I'll move to the more correct Falchion-22s instead of ASRAAMs as that would look more appropriate rather than ASRAAMs.

UH-60:

- Working with some people on the Squad Leader monitor as well as updating the ACE3 code

- I think I found that error Capt Childs, so should be quashed but maybe I need to just run the helo mod and see how that works.

- Need to tweak PMC themed helos for FFV slots still, so when I get that I'll probably do a video or screenies

- Shortened launch rails for the AH-96 for the ASRAAMs, if I can get Falchion-22s implemented I'll switch to those, the ASRAAMs was just "available" and now that they're showing up fine, will switch to those, provided they work.

Containers

- Using some of the BIS templates I've been thinking of doing some at least CSAT looking containers, only real difference is just appearance, and will be setup for the normal things. Not sure if it'll be appreciated but hey it's art, whatever.

On the note of the 219th, I can understand how some players don't like my flying, that's fine, I'm not flying to please people but I take offense when you feel the need to shoot me to "voice your opinion." I'll just talk to an admin and boot you off the server. I don't feel guilty for doing it. So if you don't like it either get on TeamSpeak and fly either better or just deal with it. I'm on servers to get some stick time, not to make you happy.

Tweaked the Multicam Flight Suit (formerly the TF160 Flight Suit), and despite the displayname change will keep the same classname (as it'll jack up a lot of loadouts) and fixed the right shoulder insignia issue:

wip1847.jpg

As well as the OPFOR (CSAT) themed container Still WIP):

wip1846.jpg

Also added:

UH-60 Pack:

- Taking a leaf from RHS added some FFV spots in designated positions (best positions for necessary arcs (of which I need to tweak based on various positions) for the UH-60M, UH-60 (Unarmed and ESSS) versions, allowing some sort of FFV functionality with some of the other aircraft. Again like the rest when the doors close it will disable this.

Spent some time on the fire arcs for the UH-60M, UH-60M (Unarmed and Unarmed ESSS) as well as the MH-92 and MH-92 (NATO):

Still have to get to the Black River and Raven PMC birds.

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtQVpfaUtIdXE1dzQ/view?usp=sharing

EricJ Weapons Pack RC85.5
- Fixed a file path error for the TA64s.
- Removed the 'no entryconfig.bin/muzzleflash' error message when selecting weapons in Arsenal
- Added (for the time being) a solitary "Black River PMC" Soldier, will follow up with more later on

And managed to switch out the ASRAAMs for Falchion-22s. Per a Marine's friend suggestion, there will be two versions, one with Falchions, and one without (given various photos and such):

wip1848.jpg

And the fixed (a few things) arcs for the Raven Warfare Group UH-92: