jeanba

777 currently does not work on RoF

WW2 has far more fans out there than WW1, ROF was and is a nice game. And it is here for a long time, hope to see the new il2 in its full glory once day as 1946 is now

Hate to see work on it end too but this one has been out there a long time. The devs stuck with it far longer than most do and have been very supportive. The new titles may actually turn out to be the new Il246 eh?

They have produced two WWII flight sims since RoF and have now announced a third.  Unless someone hands them a wheel barrel full of cash to further develop RoF, I think the only active development of that sim will be whatever Mr. Wilson is able to accomplish with his very fine PWCG mod.    I don't imagine any official development will be forthcoming again, barring said unexpected cash infusion.  

Yes, it's a shame because RoF has some wonderful features and, IMHO, still has a lot of unexplored potential but ultimately theses kinds of decisions to cease development are economic in nature.  WWI sims just don't generate income like WWII and so we will simply have to enjoy what we have.  The fact the the underlying engine for RoF is still being used (albeit in a heavily modified  version) for their WWII flight sims, so that also makes it unlikely 777 is going to open up the code for modders to have the ability to make deep changes to RoF, such as in it's AI, FMs, DMs, etc.  

Jason actually recently said something about possibly doing some more with RoF. It wasn't a definite yes, and it wasn't a "that chapter has closed", it was an admission of desire to do more if resources permitted.

So, make of it what you will. For now, I think RoF is "good enough" as is with its planes, PWCG, and maps. It's not all I hoped for, but it's far better than it might have ended up, so I'll keep firing it up from time to time.

Wish i got RoF sooner .Now it looks like i'm a late commer. O well , will purchase as much content i can. A great sim that is a break from WWII ,Korea,modern jets/helicopters. A real challenge to fight in these early birds. What ! no parachute !  Runs fine on my pc that isn't the latest greatest. Sims like WOFF need a high end rig to get much out of it. Building a new rig that can handle anything out there now or in the future for years to come. Not into playing on line and like simple missions for times sake . Thanks 777 for all your work.

There's a sale on for Halloween, and so far I've bought the Stutter, so that I can now fly another fine WW1 machine in all 'big three' WW1 sims...

2016_10_29__14_50_3.jpg

img00115.jpg

Shot09-11-16-19-20-12.jpg

In RoF, she's a good match in a dogfight for the opposition...

2016_10_29__15_15_26.jpg

Yes I'd like a few more planes but 1917 is my main period of interest and for that - apart from a B.E.2c or 2e, and a similarly-representative 1916-17 French 2-seater - the current RoF planeset is now rather good, at least for RFC-vs-Luftstreitkrafte. So I can wait, the RoF glass is still pretty full, further development or not.