Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

best way to Flatten rivers?

Hey CA!  Anyone have any tips about how to flatten rivers that go through mountain ranges? 

export the heightmap via TerrainEditor.

Edit the heightmap with paint program.

import the hightmap in TerrainEditor.

save all

and pray.

Edited by Gepard

what Gepard said

also, 

TFD tool.

I used it to cut a river canyon through some mountains on the (unfinished) CBI map. But one must be VERY careful, or you'll have a valley where you don't want it

Ya I have been using the TFD tool and I have found a way to make the rivers... However now i have the problem of airfields not becoming completely flat... tires are still poking through the tarmac... airplanes take off fine its just an annoying visual thing

So i tried exporting a heightmap BMP file from the TFD tool and then reconverting it back to an HFD using the BMP2HFD tool to see if a completely new file would solve the runway issue but now it just hangs up at 30% loading... thank gosh I backed up the original HFD

Anyway around the game not accepting an HFD from the BMP2HFD tool?